View Single Post
Old 02-03-2012, 12:39 AM  
phoenixrising

phoenixrising has a reputation beyond reputephoenixrising has a reputation beyond reputephoenixrising has a reputation beyond reputephoenixrising has a reputation beyond reputephoenixrising has a reputation beyond reputephoenixrising has a reputation beyond reputephoenixrising has a reputation beyond reputephoenixrising has a reputation beyond reputephoenixrising has a reputation beyond reputephoenixrising has a reputation beyond reputephoenixrising has a reputation beyond repute
Sure, I'll update this.

Since September I've landed work with an author who's sold over 2 million books and had a PBS tv show. I'm working with him on his personal blog, which has 6k uniques a month right now in it's second month of existence and what seems to be some good community building.

I'm also working with his nonprofit foundation that does charity work around the world, and also runs an ecommerce store to support their efforts. This means I get to work hands on with a BigCommerce platform that's selling in $1xx,xxx range in revenue per year. Pretty awesome!

I'm not getting paid much for this (low hourly wage) but I'm viewing it as great experience in the meantime.

Also, I landed a lawyer client for SEO at $600/mo who seems to be less concerned about him actually getting his moneys worth than just hiring someone. I can't seem to get him to deliver me any blog posts, or fill out any of his social media. Granted, I haven't been as attentive as I should be, but he's definitely the one dropping the ball out of the two of us.

I've got a couple other projects netting me around $30-50 per day.

On the skills front, I'm learning PHP, JS, Python, SQL and some basic web stuff. Really putting a LOT of time into this and actually just got paid for my first programming gig (little script for $15) which is a cool milestone.

If there's interest, I'll keep this updated on at least a weekly basis.
phoenixrising is offline   Reply With Quote