View Single Post
Old 02-03-2012, 10:15 AM  
Uptime
yeah, makes perfect sense

Uptime has a reputation beyond reputeUptime has a reputation beyond reputeUptime has a reputation beyond reputeUptime has a reputation beyond reputeUptime has a reputation beyond reputeUptime has a reputation beyond reputeUptime has a reputation beyond reputeUptime has a reputation beyond reputeUptime has a reputation beyond reputeUptime has a reputation beyond reputeUptime has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenixrising View Post
. . . I can't seem to get him to deliver me any blog posts, or fill out any of his social media. Granted, I haven't been as attentive as I should be, but he's definitely the one dropping the ball out of the two of us. . .
Good to here things are going well and you have others financing additional skill sets.

Like to weigh in on the attorney situation quoted above. In my experience this rarely ends well. Even though you may have had an agreement on what each of you were responsible for if they drop the ball it hurts their perception of YOU. For some reason the client conscientious or sub-conscientious does not give weight to the fact they are at fault. What they will remember is that I paid phoenix $x for x months and the expected results did not happen. If long term revenue from this client is the objective vs. a hit and run you may want to consider having a heart to heart talk with the client.

In my experience when I was able to upsale from the original agreement with my side handling more of their responsibilities we both won with longer relation$. Since you are not at the core of their business you cannot always cover what they were responsible for 100%. Often though you can do a large part of it and submit it to them as draft for approval. This additional $ervice can save them time and the end result is edited for approval vs. never getting done.

Other times because of the nature of the business you cannot help out with this aspect and there is little you can do to be proactive. I guess my main point is don't be surprised if the clients perception of your performance drops because they did not follow through with their part.