Thread: Quiting Smoking
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2012, 04:41 AM  
Rage9
#1 Soccer Hater

Rage9 has a reputation beyond reputeRage9 has a reputation beyond reputeRage9 has a reputation beyond reputeRage9 has a reputation beyond reputeRage9 has a reputation beyond reputeRage9 has a reputation beyond reputeRage9 has a reputation beyond reputeRage9 has a reputation beyond reputeRage9 has a reputation beyond reputeRage9 has a reputation beyond reputeRage9 has a reputation beyond repute
Interesting Quiting Smoking

Just quite smoking (again), I know there are some here that would ask for advice. I will lay out my plan for you. It seems counter productive, but I have quite multiple times in the past. I have taken up smoking in retarded or stupid situation each time. Basically for no real reason what soever (I blame it more on being young and stupid).

1. It helps if you have a reason to quit smoking (like a GF or family), it'll help you through the hard times. For me, myself is enough. I think it's discussing, and a waste of money.
2. Stop smoking, in fact I would over smoke some days just so you can get the edge of not smoking on the next day. This will be difficult, and can be counter productive. Yet any time you can create a scenario that you won't smoke that is a good first step.
3. Start not smoking one day at a time. You will probably be able to hold out for a day, but it's really a war of attrition. Give in for a cigarette for two in a day or two days. You can comfortably be down to 1 or 2 cigarettes a day in short order. This will really depend on how much you smoke. This last time I quite I was at 1/2 a pack a day, and it took me about 1-2 weeks to ween myself down to 1 or 2 cigarettes each day. This was with a few "battle days" in between. The "battle days" are basically hell days when you come off cigarettes, basically you don't smoke any - period, your body really doesn't like it. As you will realize at this point that even having 1 or 2 cigarettes a day will not release you of your feelings, but they will be less than you imagine. Gotta be strong. If going through a bit of hell won't keep you off cigarettes, well, then not much you can do.
4. Once you get down to 1 or 2 cigarettes a day it's time to make the final cut. It feels weird, seems not right. You have to stick with it!!! Basically the next few weeks you are just going to feel like you need a cigarette but at a pretty minor level. There is no secret to this, you just have to power through it, but the feelings should be fairly minor at this pint. Some people will get a high from beating this, I wish everyone did. It's the main time that you start reprogramming. You need to change your routines. Be strong and don't give up. Slowly work Alcohol back in and you'll be fine.

Thoughts by others? Or questions by the rest?

For example my typical cup of coffee was a dark french roast, but to alleviate the withdrawal you may want to use a light roast. Change it up for a few weeks, and once you're in you should be good to go. If ever offered a cigarette just tell them to fuck off.