Thread: Quiting Smoking
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2012, 03:50 PM  
crackp0t

crackp0t has a reputation beyond reputecrackp0t has a reputation beyond reputecrackp0t has a reputation beyond reputecrackp0t has a reputation beyond reputecrackp0t has a reputation beyond reputecrackp0t has a reputation beyond reputecrackp0t has a reputation beyond reputecrackp0t has a reputation beyond reputecrackp0t has a reputation beyond reputecrackp0t has a reputation beyond reputecrackp0t has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickycakes View Post
Quitting is easy for some and very hard for others. My mom could start and stop smoking at will, and it took my father (and myself) about 5 years to quit.

If you're one of the people who has a tough time, here's what helped me:

I used the patch, and didn't try to 'cut down' leading up to it which really was just un-necessary torture in the past. Cutting down days were just as rough as the days after I quit by using the patch, so you might as well just jump on it.

Set a date, get a bunch of shit to munch on like candy, pretzels (i got those honey wheat twist pretzels, like 3 bags of them which i loved), and just sit in your room for a few days if you can and sweat it out.

The patch does not remove the craving, it just takes the edge off so you can sleep and don't want to throw your monitor through the wall.

The first 3 or so days suck royal dick, but after that it will get progressively better and better every day. You will get periodic strong cravings to smoke, but they ALWAYS pass so just chew some gum and wait it out.

Take things one day at a time and just remind yourself that you just need to make it through today and you'll be ok.

Sounds like you're definitely ready to quit which is key, so good luck to you man. Quitting smoking was one of the best things I ever did, and I'm a better person for it. You might not know it, but currently ALL your shit smells like smoke to non-smokers, and it's a big turn-off. Girls, even smokers, don't like dudes who smoke cause it tastes/smells like ass no matter what. Quitting will help your sleep, work, energy, appetite, taste of the food you eat, and if you're the type who likes to go to the gym, you won't be wasting your time anymore.

good luck bro.
good advice +rep

When I stopped smoking I did notice food tasted better. I could even taste various things in it I couldn't before. That didn't happen right out of the gate for me it was several months after I quit.

The smell! Oh god the smell. You'll walk by people outside smoking and it'll smell like shit. You won't even really have to walk close to them to want to gag. Smokers say oh you can't smell it outside, bullshit stop smoking for 4 months and tell me that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeep View Post
Even craziest I find out that EWA plays penis games, they try to hit smokes with penises looking objects ... I don't know what companies do these things??? I not even make these things up, it is really crazy "professionals company" idk

EWA penis games video
crackp0t is offline   Reply With Quote