Originally Posted by amateursurgeon
I've been on WF 5 years, and what constitutes "acceptable marketing" here still confuses the heck out of me. Let me get this straight:
1. Selling sign-ups to hook-up dating sites full of pretend women (but no real ones) = good
2. Selling worthless weight loss products to people desperate to lose weight = good
3. Selling bullshit government grants packages to people desperate to make money = good
4. Selling payday loans to people who will never be able to pay them back = good
5. Selling worthless marketing materials to people desperate to make money online= bad
Am I missing something?
I've always drawn the line with everything I pitch, so far as if I'm not selling something that I believe will genuinely help the customer, I won't sell it.
Sure there's been chances to sell Acai Berries, where I could have banked a hunded G or something, or all sorts of other crap which I know won't help the customer for shit, but I despise
that sort of thing. It's thanks to people pushing that shit that so many people think all they need to do to improve their health is eat berries or go on the next mad diet.
I don't see much of a difference between pushing stuff that's obviously in no way going to help the customer solve their problem, than pushing an ebook which won't help them either. They're both equally useless, and both just exploit the customer. Yes the customer is an idiot for buying into it, too - but that's not an excuse for pushing out lies and exploiting them.
I saw Acai berry sites claiming that they cured diabetes and all sorts of chronic illnesses, it was absolutely disgusting, and the people that are putting together sites like that are scum, IMO. Exploiting people with serious diseases, looking for any ray of hope to cure their disease. Whilst the seller/affiliate knows full well what you're pushing won't do shit, it's sick.
Not to mention - there's plenty of ways to make money pushing good, solid products that help a customer solve their problems.. There's just no need for pushing all the shit out there.