View Single Post
Old 03-14-2008, 12:34 AM  
Deliguy

Deliguy has a reputation beyond reputeDeliguy has a reputation beyond reputeDeliguy has a reputation beyond reputeDeliguy has a reputation beyond reputeDeliguy has a reputation beyond reputeDeliguy has a reputation beyond reputeDeliguy has a reputation beyond reputeDeliguy has a reputation beyond reputeDeliguy has a reputation beyond reputeDeliguy has a reputation beyond reputeDeliguy has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon View Post
I'm sure if Eli updated the DNS that would put him in as much trouble as the guy responsible for the ddos attack.
I didn't have to. I just did a domain forward. I first tested it by forwarding it to another site to see if the attack would follow. It did so now I have it forwarded to the whitehouse.gov.

My Email to the FBI
Quote:
My website www.bluehatseo.com is being maliciously attacked by a hacker or organization of hackers using a large botnet (most likely virus based) to administer a Denial of Service Attack on my server. Attached is my server logfile for the day. If you need any realtime evidence I forwarded the domain to Welcome to the White House. Enclosed is the list of the top 15 perpetrating IPS and their Internet service providers along with the personal contact information of each provided by the Internet providers' abuse departments.
Whether or not I get in trouble remains to be seen
If I do get in trouble I'm really not that worried about it. I don't know all the legalities behind but forwarding a legitimate domain even though its being attacked doesn't seem reasonable cause for allegations to an offense. Either way the choices seem all but fair. I can pay more money and upgrade the bluehat server which only hosts the one site and is all in all pretty worthless. I can move it to another more powerful server which would give the ddos attacker a run for his/her money. Or pay more money to make the site more ddos secure. Or i can just redirect the attack, relax a day or two and when their door gets busted in by the feds I can get my site back.
Sponsored Ad