WickedFire - Affiliate Marketing Forum - Internet Marketing Webmaster SEO Forum

WickedFire - Affiliate Marketing Forum - Internet Marketing Webmaster SEO Forum (http://www.wickedfire.com/)
-   Newbie Questions (http://www.wickedfire.com/newbie-questions/)
-   -   Three months to FREEDOM (http://www.wickedfire.com/newbie-questions/149422-three-months-freedom.html)

pledgerar 02-02-2012 05:36 PM

Three months to FREEDOM
 
In three months I will have built a portfolio of niche sites producing $2,000+ per month. I will detail exactly how in this NEWBIE thread. Site One: The Limitless Man - Get Smarter, Think Faster, Be Stronger, Live Forever | The Limitless Man | Get Smarter, Think Faster, Be Stronger, Live Forever. Target Keywords? Im sure you can guess by taking a look at the site. My strategy? Adsense/Adwords and Affiliate programs (no more than three programs). Not only am I webmaster for the site, Im a nootropic user, so if you have questions leave them in the thread.

DO NOT GO EASY ON ME! Constructive criticism is appreciated, as I am a former Marine and can take what you dish out. Is my strategy screwed? Is the layout crap? Is the niche oversaturated? Fire away. I will be posting progress daily (since I now have TONS of free time!).

Adsense already producing $2 a day. Not a bad start. Using Fiverr for link building. Listening to Patt Flynn and Andrew Warner religiously.

IceToEskimos 02-02-2012 05:40 PM

when did meth get so cheap?

mikeshinobi 02-02-2012 06:56 PM

Liked your post because you have superb taste in free WP themes.

IceToEskimos 02-02-2012 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeshinobi (Post 1614483)
Liked your post because you have superb taste in free WP themes.

lulz.

tomaszjot 02-02-2012 08:11 PM

Live Forever? That beats 'ANY keyword to the 1st spot in Google or money back' claims.

Hav3n 02-02-2012 09:11 PM

When i make thin MFAs i at least have the decency to be ashamed of them.

pledgerar 02-03-2012 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hav3n (Post 1614638)
When i make thin MFAs i at least have the decency to be ashamed of them.

wtf is an mfa?

soulbyproxy 02-03-2012 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pledgerar (Post 1616220)
wtf is an mfa?

Made for adsense. Hows the plan going?

pledgerar 02-03-2012 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomaszjot (Post 1614565)
Live Forever? That beats 'ANY keyword to the 1st spot in Google or money back' claims.

lol hows that for strategy! But seriously, I pulled that right outta my ass! Its my first go round so im learning!

pledgerar 02-03-2012 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soulbyproxy (Post 1616223)
Made for adsense. Hows the plan going?

Thanks for the 411! Im up to 116 visitors per day, but its not steady traffic. My adsense ctr is 1.6% _ not sure if thats good. I need to be rolling $40 per day in adsense, so no idea if having just one niche site well get me there! Input?

pledgerar 02-03-2012 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IceToEskimos (Post 1614359)
when did meth get so cheap?

Lulz

IceToEskimos 02-03-2012 11:52 PM

OP! I thought you crashed!

pledgerar 02-04-2012 06:11 PM

Day #2
 
Adjusted my Adsense competitive ad filter to improve my pay per click. Dont know how effective it will be, but I found a list somewhere of a long list of cheap urls. Anybody got any reccomendations on how I can comprehensively test what works and what doesnt before I scale my efforts?

Ad revenues yesterday = $2.84 on traffic of 116 uniques.

Am I on the right path anybody?

IceToEskimos 02-04-2012 06:19 PM

wat?

IceToEskimos 02-04-2012 06:25 PM

No, I'm srs, I don't know what you are asking.

mikeshinobi 02-04-2012 07:20 PM

Considering you're supposedly somehow making 3 dollars a day with a site that isn't about anything, I'd say you're on the right path.

Aznxmtg 02-04-2012 07:26 PM

You're going to love adsense after you pass the $100 a day bracket ;)

IceToEskimos 02-06-2012 11:43 AM

This is a magical thread.

emp 02-06-2012 02:49 PM

People! Way to harass a newb.

Right now, this is not too shabby a beginning, if the thread starter keeps at it.

So maybe some pointers instead of just hazing the poor guy?

::emp::

JCash 02-06-2012 04:02 PM

In this thread I've learned $40*30 = $2000

If any of you ever figure out how to do basic math you'll be dangerous/employable.

craigmc 02-06-2012 04:12 PM

Must admit the header graphic looks good. :)

IceToEskimos 02-06-2012 04:19 PM

emp made me feel bad. Now I want to answer a question for OP.

emp 02-07-2012 02:38 AM

Some pointers.

Right now, regular, quality content should be your main concern.
A medium to large articles every 2 days.

Also: FILL THOSE HEADLINE NAV ITEMS!

At the same time, build linnks. Start slowly, then get some services a few weeks in.

The integration with amazon sucks. Make it look like the rest of the pages, write unique descriptions for the items.

Best is a blog post every now and then for each supplement / book / whatever you are peddling.

Go!

::emp::

thosmi 02-07-2012 06:53 AM

It'd be better if you learned what a niche site is and then built a real one.

alphacentuari 02-08-2012 02:25 AM

Or you can do SEO and it's free.

pledgerar 02-09-2012 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by emp (Post 1620771)
Some pointers.

Right now, regular, quality content should be your main concern.
A medium to large articles every 2 days.

Also: FILL THOSE HEADLINE NAV ITEMS!

At the same time, build linnks. Start slowly, then get some services a few weeks in.

The integration with amazon sucks. Make it look like the rest of the pages, write unique descriptions for the items.

Best is a blog post every now and then for each supplement / book / whatever you are peddling.

Go!

::emp::

See, this is the type of input thats needed and adds value. I appreciate it! I didnt realize how ignorant I was as to how difficult this would be. Im making those changes within 48 hours. Thanks again!

pledgerar 02-09-2012 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alphacentuari (Post 1622297)
Or you can do SEO and it's free.

You want me to be honest? Ok, I will be honest. I dont know how the hell to "do SEO". What can I do besides building backlinks and keyword targeting with Market Samurai?

pledgerar 02-09-2012 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aznxmtg (Post 1617764)
You're going to love adsense after you pass the $100 a day bracket ;)

Damn, is that even possible? I am down to .79 cents a day. WTF!?! My other sites are making a combined $3 a day.

This sucks, but Im sucking it up.

The more I learn, the more of a noob I realize I am! lol

pledgerar 02-09-2012 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thosmi (Post 1620920)
It'd be better if you learned what a niche site is and then built a real one.

In your own words, what is a niche site.

pledgerar 02-09-2012 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MoellerRivaa (Post 1620941)
this is awesome man, tell me man out of many available tools out there which keyword tool you have used for the limitless man ?

Ive only used Market Samurai. I have tried to do it manually with Google's keyword tool, but someone advised I use Market Samurai instead. Went into the deep web and found a hacked free copy of the software.

I also use a wordpress plugin by some fuck named Yoast. It lets me know my kw density, readability, etc.

Im not too big on collecting every tool under the sun. I figure if I can figure out how to use these two I will be proficient enough.

pledgerar 02-09-2012 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SchofieldShakit (Post 1620727)
hey how many sites you are starting being noob? and how far you have come share you experience, which keywords you have chosed and what were the the max and minimum number of keywords currently you are using, n whr is ur earning per day?

Im on site number 2: Modern Marine Corps. Old URL that was used before and recently came available. I basically repeated the formula I used with THE LIMITLESS MAN. I dont want to throw any kws out, but Im sure you can figure them out for yourself. Max number of Kws? Im not sure what oyure asking, but Im staying within a family of about 8 per site.

pledgerar 02-12-2012 11:31 AM

Ads not showing up on sites, hours being lost trying to write my own content, random code breaking for no apparent reason...Its time to start experimenting with outsourcing. Anybody have any advice? Traffic is increasing, but not earnings. Either a quantum leap is right around the corner, or three months to $1k/ month adsense was too optimistic. Thoughts??

thehobbster 02-12-2012 12:11 PM

Really, this is the kind of site I intend on making eventually once I'm done with all of my static sites producing my steady bottom line. In a different niche, of course.

The only thing I'd do differently is include my keyword in the domain and try to rank for a beast of a term.

But I'd try to write a solid post every few days, reviewing products, exercise routines, supplements, nootropics, movies on the topic, other websites, etc.

I'd try to funnel as much link juice from every post to the homepage, but I'd try to rank every single post as well. Each one would target a phrase. And I'd load the inner pages into all the software and spam the crap out of them. They'd rank and earn, the homepage would get juiced, and then I'd only put quality links towards the homepage for the most part.

It'd be a long-term project, but it'd be full of win. You are already on your way.

emp 02-13-2012 02:23 AM

As for outsourcing HTML or Wordpress code css_designer is the man.

I have not found any good writers, so you might want to keep doing that yourself.

On the marine site, the ads are showing for me, BTW.

::emp::

IceToEskimos 02-13-2012 02:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pledgerar (Post 1628805)
Ads not showing up on sites, hours being lost trying to write my own content, random code breaking for no apparent reason...Its time to start experimenting with outsourcing. Anybody have any advice? Traffic is increasing, but not earnings. Either a quantum leap is right around the corner, or three months to $1k/ month adsense was too optimistic. Thoughts??

Along the lines of what Hobbster said: if you can find longtails in your niche, or even just lower volume KWs with low CI's, you can use those as article titles, and then try to rank those posts.

The aggregate search volume is the only thing that matters at the end of the day. It doesn't really matter how you get there.

pledgerar 02-17-2012 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thehobbster (Post 1628845)
Really, this is the kind of site I intend on making eventually once I'm done with all of my static sites producing my steady bottom line. In a different niche, of course.

The only thing I'd do differently is include my keyword in the domain and try to rank for a beast of a term.

But I'd try to write a solid post every few days, reviewing products, exercise routines, supplements, nootropics, movies on the topic, other websites, etc.

I'd try to funnel as much link juice from every post to the homepage, but I'd try to rank every single post as well. Each one would target a phrase. And I'd load the inner pages into all the software and spam the crap out of them. They'd rank and earn, the homepage would get juiced, and then I'd only put quality links towards the homepage for the most part.

It'd be a long-term project, but it'd be full of win. You are already on your way.

Hey, I really appreciate it! Im already leveraging this strategy, so I will keep you posted and drop you a paypal tip when I start making some coin! (j/p)

pledgerar 02-17-2012 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by emp (Post 1629445)
As for outsourcing HTML or Wordpress code css_designer is the man.

I have not found any good writers, so you might want to keep doing that yourself.

On the marine site, the ads are showing for me, BTW.

::emp::

Thanks for letting me know. BTW, YOU SIR ARE A GOD AMONGST MEN. Ive been peeping your posts for awhile, and your tutorial on the mutha fukkin seo thread got me started, so THANK YOU!

pledgerar 02-17-2012 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IceToEskimos (Post 1629453)
Along the lines of what Hobbster said: if you can find longtails in your niche, or even just lower volume KWs with low CI's, you can use those as article titles, and then try to rank those posts.

The aggregate search volume is the only thing that matters at the end of the day. It doesn't really matter how you get there.

Got it! I dont know why I didnt think to do that. Guess I just fell in love with all the high search volumes of the big keywords (and ignored the competition, too!)

pledgerar 02-17-2012 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thosmi (Post 1620920)
It'd be better if you learned what a niche site is and then built a real one.

I gave this comment a like. At first, I thought you were being facetious, but after doing a little homework I palm-slapped myself on the forehead. Thank you for (inadvertently?) leading me in the right direction!

What I was doing was blogging. That takes TONS of work and time. And who wants that? Niche sites are my new focus.

IceToEskimos 02-17-2012 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pledgerar (Post 1635923)
Got it! I dont know why I didnt think to do that. Guess I just fell in love with all the high search volumes of the big keywords (and ignored the competition, too!)

It may be significantly easier for you to rank 10 pages for longtail KW's with an aggregate total search volume of 5000 ELMS, than it is to rank one page for one KW with comparable search volume.

thosmi 02-17-2012 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pledgerar (Post 1635927)
I gave this comment a like. At first, I thought you were being facetious, but after doing a little homework I palm-slapped myself on the forehead. Thank you for (inadvertently?) leading me in the right direction!

What I was doing was blogging. That takes TONS of work and time. And who wants that? Niche sites are my new focus.

Now, that's the point.

Hope you will be more successful in your new direction.

Izaya 02-18-2012 12:50 AM

Alright since you seem like an alright dude, am not gonna verbally rape you. Holy shit I'll actually help you. Fuck something is wrong with me.

#1 - Stop doing this:

"Listening to Patt Flynn and Andrew Warner religiously"

#2 - Stop doing this:

"Listening to Patt Flynn and Andrew Warner religiously"

#3 Use this tool to check out difficulty of your keywords:

The Ultimate SEO Keyword Research & Competition Analysis Tool - serpIQ.com

^ since your new to seo target a keyword under 40

#4 For your WordPress theme get this:
Headway Drag and Drop WordPress Theme

It's the only theme you'll ever need

#5 Basic strategy

- Build site with above, add 5 pages of content right away
- Go to BST, buy 1k bookmarks and vary anchor text with over 5 or so keywords like so;

blue widgets
free blue widgets
I love blue widgets
seriously blue widgets turn me on

Link building

- Get on to ALN - Sign In

Post at least 45 articles a day and vary anchor text

- Get Build my rank ( link network) and do the same as above

- Find some blog network sellers in the buy sell trade here and buy their packages

- Get a few nice high pr blogrolls links from bst or from people in your niche

- Add content weekly at least, preferably twice a week

- Build links to your inner content and link the inner content to your homepage/other articles on your site

- Build some web 2.0's and hit them with bookmarks/comments and link to your homepage.

-----------------------------------------------------------

If you follow the above you should be able to hit 2k within 3 months. Although am 99% you won't even get to $100 a month. You could be the 1%, who knows.

------------------------------------------------------------

One more tip fuck niche sites, focus on small sites, (30-50 pages) making $500-2k a month.

pledgerar 03-13-2012 05:00 PM

Quick update. Thanks to IZAYA and EMP, and all you others, I am up to making $1+ a day from 3 sites. If I keep progressing and building sites out, I should be done fucking around with a day job by summertime.

Since I started this experiment, I have discovered Fiverr and Tweetattacks. These two tools have been a Godsend for driving traffic, building links, submitting my shit to directories, and design issues.

What other tools are you guys using? Should I stop fucking around with service providers and just buy my own tools (Like Magic Directory Submitter and AMR) or should I just keep paying others to do it for me?

Also, Im following the Adsense heatmap as best I can, but anyone have any other advice on ad placement?

Still figuring out this affiliate shit. I only sold 9 items via Amazon last month. Pshhhh

IceToEskimos 03-13-2012 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pledgerar (Post 1668095)
Quick update. Thanks to IZAYA and EMP, and all you others, I am up to making $1+ a day from 3 sites. If I keep progressing and building sites out, I should be done fucking around with a day job by summertime.

Since I started this experiment, I have discovered Fiverr and Tweetattacks. These two tools have been a Godsend for driving traffic, building links, submitting my shit to directories, and design issues.

What other tools are you guys using? Should I stop fucking around with service providers and just buy my own tools (Like Magic Directory Submitter and AMR) or should I just keep paying others to do it for me?

Also, Im following the Adsense heatmap as best I can, but anyone have any other advice on ad placement?

Still figuring out this affiliate shit. I only sold 9 items via Amazon last month. Pshhhh

Makes me happy to hear you are having some success!

There are tons of tools available, and it's easy to fall into the "magic bullet" way of thinking that a specific tool will solve your problems. I'd recommend Scrapebox, because it's extremely versatile, and cost-effective.

emp 03-14-2012 02:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pledgerar (Post 1668095)
<..>
Also, Im following the Adsense heatmap as best I can, but anyone have any other advice on ad placement?
<..>

No way but to experiment, experiment, experiment.

I found that it is often better to have only 1 ad or link on a page instead of more, but your mileage may vary.

Check this out:
Blind Ape Seo AIDA landing page design basics and example files

And yeah, replace those podcasts with reading the blind ape, of course.

::emp::

pledgerar 04-04-2012 03:02 PM

Just bought two exact match domains and have since built three more sites. Earnings are slow going, and experimentation is taking quite some time. Im not going to hit the three month mark, even following your advice, Izaya - which I have been doing on top of everything else read here. (Minus the ALN stuff, heard Google is putting the smack down on blog and article networks and such)

BTW, What other tools are you guys using? Should I stop fucking around with service providers and just buy my own tools (Like Magic Directory Submitter and AMR) or should I just keep paying others to do it for me?


I will keep calm and carry on.

pledgerar 05-01-2012 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Izaya (Post 1636118)
Alright since you seem like an alright dude, am not gonna verbally rape you. Holy shit I'll actually help you. Fuck something is wrong with me.

#1 - Stop doing this:

"Listening to Patt Flynn and Andrew Warner religiously"

#2 - Stop doing this:

"Listening to Patt Flynn and Andrew Warner religiously"

#3 Use this tool to check out difficulty of your keywords:

The Ultimate SEO Keyword Research & Competition Analysis Tool - serpIQ.com

^ since your new to seo target a keyword under 40

#4 For your WordPress theme get this:
Headway Drag and Drop WordPress Theme

It's the only theme you'll ever need

#5 Basic strategy

- Build site with above, add 5 pages of content right away
- Go to BST, buy 1k bookmarks and vary anchor text with over 5 or so keywords like so;

blue widgets
free blue widgets
I love blue widgets
seriously blue widgets turn me on

Link building

- Get on to ALN - Sign In

Post at least 45 articles a day and vary anchor text

- Get Build my rank ( link network) and do the same as above

- Find some blog network sellers in the buy sell trade here and buy their packages

- Get a few nice high pr blogrolls links from bst or from people in your niche

- Add content weekly at least, preferably twice a week

- Build links to your inner content and link the inner content to your homepage/other articles on your site

- Build some web 2.0's and hit them with bookmarks/comments and link to your homepage.

-----------------------------------------------------------

If you follow the above you should be able to hit 2k within 3 months. Although am 99% you won't even get to $100 a month. You could be the 1%, who knows.

------------------------------------------------------------

One more tip fuck niche sites, focus on small sites, (30-50 pages) making $500-2k a month.

Just hit the $100/month mark for second month in a row. Booyaaa! This shit is moving so much slower than I anticipated. Esp since my Gaddamned TweetAttacks stopped working!

pledgerar 05-01-2012 05:39 PM

Post analysis of what worked and what didnt coming in 7 days.

TheMightyOne 05-02-2012 11:00 AM

nice thread...i like

Keep it up, seems like you're pretty determined

bobschmuck 05-03-2012 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pledgerar (Post 1616220)
wtf is an mfa?

Don't worry I checked google and mfa stands for "Master of Fine Arts". Now we all can worry no more about it.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:35 AM.


Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO v1.2.9 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
WickedFire.com Copyright 2014 - WickedFire is an international registered Trademark of Coastal Synergy LLC. You may not use any of our trademarks, copyrights, content, or images without a written approval by members of Coastal Synergy LLC. "Banners on this site that promote Wickedfire are satire unless clearly stamped as REAL".