WickedFire - Affiliate Marketing Forum - Internet Marketing Webmaster SEO Forum

Go Back   WickedFire - Affiliate Marketing Forum - Internet Marketing Webmaster SEO Forum > >

Newbie Questions New to the whole making money online and developing your own sites thing? Post your questions here so that seasoned members can answer your questions. Please keep your questions out of the other categories. We know you're a newbie, but there's no reason to be annoying.

Welcome to the WickedFire - Affiliate Marketing Forum - Internet Marketing Webmaster SEO Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Old 12-22-2014, 10:00 PM   #1
Bankrobber

Bankrobber has a spectacular aura about
Newbiealert How do you pick a niche?

How do you pick (profitable) niche?
Bankrobber is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Ad
Old 12-23-2014, 04:38 AM   #2
golan
Fucks (Given): 0

golan has a reputation beyond reputegolan has a reputation beyond reputegolan has a reputation beyond reputegolan has a reputation beyond reputegolan has a reputation beyond reputegolan has a reputation beyond reputegolan has a reputation beyond reputegolan has a reputation beyond reputegolan has a reputation beyond reputegolan has a reputation beyond reputegolan has a reputation beyond repute
You just see if there is as low competition as possible (for a start), but still there is a high demand and money is running.

golan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 06:49 AM   #3
EAGLE117

EAGLE117 has a spectacular aura about
depending on the type of traffic of your website/blog (if you have one)
EAGLE117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 06:52 AM   #4
Scarecr0w

Scarecr0w Scarecr0w Scarecr0w Scarecr0w Scarecr0w Scarecr0w Scarecr0w Scarecr0w Scarecr0w Scarecr0w Scarecr0w
It depends what kind of site you intend to build.

CPA offers? PPS? Amazon? Clickbank?

Please give more info.
Scarecr0w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 07:31 AM   #5
bauss

bauss has a reputation beyond reputebauss has a reputation beyond reputebauss has a reputation beyond reputebauss has a reputation beyond reputebauss has a reputation beyond reputebauss has a reputation beyond reputebauss has a reputation beyond reputebauss has a reputation beyond reputebauss has a reputation beyond reputebauss has a reputation beyond reputebauss has a reputation beyond repute
When you cum already but she still sucking

Is where niches are born. Ideas just flash into your head.

But really just think of some topics, industries, hobbies and poke around from there. It really is much easier to work with content that your not green to and have interest in.
bauss is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Ad
Old 12-23-2014, 11:09 AM   #6
Scarecr0w

Scarecr0w Scarecr0w Scarecr0w Scarecr0w Scarecr0w Scarecr0w Scarecr0w Scarecr0w Scarecr0w Scarecr0w Scarecr0w
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauss View Post
When you cum already but she still sucking

Is where niches are born. Ideas just flash into your head.

But really just think of some topics, industries, hobbies and poke around from there. It really is much easier to work with content that your not green to and have interest in.
He's asking how to find a niche though?

That's a ridiculous question. Confused me for a second.

It's like asking - how can I make money? Or how do I fire a gun?
Scarecr0w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 09:57 AM   #7
Member8200

Member8200 has a reputation beyond reputeMember8200 has a reputation beyond reputeMember8200 has a reputation beyond reputeMember8200 has a reputation beyond reputeMember8200 has a reputation beyond reputeMember8200 has a reputation beyond reputeMember8200 has a reputation beyond reputeMember8200 has a reputation beyond reputeMember8200 has a reputation beyond reputeMember8200 has a reputation beyond reputeMember8200 has a reputation beyond repute
For your first site pick a topic you know, your an expert of something, go with it and it will be easier.

For your next few niche "if you survive, it will just flash in your head like bauss said
Member8200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 11:16 AM   #8
AdamC
╠═══════╣

AdamC has a reputation beyond reputeAdamC has a reputation beyond reputeAdamC has a reputation beyond reputeAdamC has a reputation beyond reputeAdamC has a reputation beyond reputeAdamC has a reputation beyond reputeAdamC has a reputation beyond reputeAdamC has a reputation beyond reputeAdamC has a reputation beyond reputeAdamC has a reputation beyond reputeAdamC has a reputation beyond repute
go to /b/ and choose the first word you dont understand
AdamC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 05:43 PM   #9
seapunk

seapunk has a reputation beyond reputeseapunk has a reputation beyond reputeseapunk has a reputation beyond reputeseapunk has a reputation beyond reputeseapunk has a reputation beyond reputeseapunk has a reputation beyond reputeseapunk has a reputation beyond reputeseapunk has a reputation beyond reputeseapunk has a reputation beyond reputeseapunk has a reputation beyond reputeseapunk has a reputation beyond repute
Pull a name out of a hat.
seapunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 12:39 AM   #10
richcookies

richcookies has a reputation beyond reputerichcookies has a reputation beyond reputerichcookies has a reputation beyond reputerichcookies has a reputation beyond reputerichcookies has a reputation beyond reputerichcookies has a reputation beyond reputerichcookies has a reputation beyond reputerichcookies has a reputation beyond reputerichcookies has a reputation beyond reputerichcookies has a reputation beyond reputerichcookies has a reputation beyond repute
First I light 5 black candles, while preparing my MATT CUTTS baby doll.

I stick a pin into the Baby MATT CUTTS doll, if he screams I know it's a good niche, if not I move on to the next batch.

Niches are like female VAGINA, they look good with clothes on. You spend money to induce removal of clothes only to discover you don't like the looks or it stinks too much.

Since Google is now hiding all the relevant data, you need to try several niches to find the most profitable ones.

Asking How, is like looking for the key to the safe filled with GOLD.

Sorry buddy, no one will give you such information.
richcookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 01:40 AM   #11
Craig B

Craig B is a jewel in the rough
If you are writing most or all of the content yourself, it is a good idea to cover a niche that you are experienced or interested in. That way the writing will go by faster and be more enjoyable.

I learned that the hard way when I started out and wrote about a couple of niches that didn't interest me. Never again. I now always outsource this content.
Craig B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 08:52 AM   #12
anthonyjames

anthonyjames anthonyjames anthonyjames anthonyjames anthonyjames anthonyjames anthonyjames anthonyjames anthonyjames anthonyjames anthonyjames
awesome reference to Matt
anthonyjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 09:59 PM   #13
Cablekid
Banned

Cablekid Cablekid Cablekid Cablekid Cablekid Cablekid Cablekid Cablekid Cablekid Cablekid Cablekid
Just spy on what everyone else is doing!
Cablekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 06:59 PM   #14
stasez

stasez has a spectacular aura about
you should look for generic keywords that have a lot of ads on google - then drill it down with long tail or more specific keywords.

at the end you will reach a low cost niche
stasez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 12:57 PM   #15
anthony1617

anthony1617 anthony1617 anthony1617 anthony1617 anthony1617 anthony1617 anthony1617 anthony1617 anthony1617 anthony1617 anthony1617
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bankrobber View Post
this thread was made a while ago but from what I've read the best way to go is to basically find a really strong product to promote and build the site around the niche that the product is in.

Businesses are made with cashflow. If you focus on creating cashflow from day one you're much better off.

Once you've chosen a product, then start looking for keywords that you think you can rank for within the niche. There are lots of different ways to go about that.
anthony1617 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Ad
Old 01-26-2015, 06:44 PM   #16
Louey37

Louey37 has a reputation beyond reputeLouey37 has a reputation beyond reputeLouey37 has a reputation beyond reputeLouey37 has a reputation beyond reputeLouey37 has a reputation beyond reputeLouey37 has a reputation beyond reputeLouey37 has a reputation beyond reputeLouey37 has a reputation beyond reputeLouey37 has a reputation beyond reputeLouey37 has a reputation beyond reputeLouey37 has a reputation beyond repute
My criteria is over 1000 searches per month, CPC of more than $1, and PA>35 and DA>25.

It works for me for SEO related projects but if you're into media buying, this will be a complete waste of time.
Louey37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 04:16 AM   #17
melnikov

melnikov melnikov melnikov melnikov melnikov melnikov melnikov melnikov melnikov melnikov melnikov
i believe that all niches are still profitable. you just gotta be better than the current leaders in that niche
melnikov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 09:41 AM   #18
Time4VPS
VPS Hosting

Time4VPS Time4VPS Time4VPS Time4VPS Time4VPS Time4VPS Time4VPS Time4VPS Time4VPS Time4VPS Time4VPS
Why to think small? I believe you should take the biggest niche you know and start building your own product's reputation here. You will get a bigger profit here after some time. Just think one thing, the internet is spreading, the ways you could create a product is becoming more or less easier and in the future there will be no good niche, because each of us will have sometinhg, so if you start today with the big niche, you will profit more in the future, believe me
Time4VPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 02:21 PM   #19
JohnnyPlan
Master

JohnnyPlan has a spectacular aura about
I think it is crucial to check out where you can help someone to fix a problem. When you pick a niche to start a business, you often want to profit rather than help. But to make money, you need to solve someone's problem.

So, I often list where I can help. Then, I use keywords tools to see if there's demand. If I can help, there is demand and I am passionate about it, I don't care about competition and start with that niche.
JohnnyPlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 11:59 AM   #20
affiliaXeOran

affiliaXeOran has a spectacular aura about
I think a good way to start is with relatively eaiser verticals.

A lot of beginners are going for Muscle offers because it has high payouts and "people are killing it with Muscle" but this isnt an easy niche to pull off.

I say start with a simple lead offers (sweepstakes for example) and that way you learn, testing budgets are lower and you can start generating cashflow for"heavier" offers.

That doesnt mean that affiliates arent making a lot of money on the "simpler" niches though.

Also, try thinking if you have an edge on others in a certain niche and if so - explore it.
affiliaXeOran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 11:19 AM   #21
cliffskyler

cliffskyler has a spectacular aura about
you can make money in any niche you like. but the real big question is "HOW".
doesn't matter what niche you pick, but for a start. try picking a niche that you are good at. so you'll have more idea on what to do.
cliffskyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 06:13 AM   #22
BizWebResource

BizWebResource has a spectacular aura about
IMO, it's always best to pick a niche that's related to something you know about. Then, look for ways to "bridge" that niche (or even a sub-niche) to other niches that are broader and may have more appeal. It's really not that hard to do, and if you're smart, you'll build on each new level with the success you gained from where you started. IMO, it's the easiest way for newbies to start making money online.

Hope this helps!
Tony
BizWebResource is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 04:17 AM   #23
davidper

davidper davidper davidper davidper davidper davidper davidper davidper davidper davidper davidper
depending on the type of traffic you want
davidper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 10:07 AM   #24
HCFGrizzly
HCF Affiliate Manager

HCFGrizzly has a reputation beyond reputeHCFGrizzly has a reputation beyond reputeHCFGrizzly has a reputation beyond reputeHCFGrizzly has a reputation beyond reputeHCFGrizzly has a reputation beyond reputeHCFGrizzly has a reputation beyond reputeHCFGrizzly has a reputation beyond reputeHCFGrizzly has a reputation beyond reputeHCFGrizzly has a reputation beyond reputeHCFGrizzly has a reputation beyond reputeHCFGrizzly has a reputation beyond repute
Make a list of the areas you have knowledge in and would like to write about.
After you have done your list, make an assessment and see what are the niches you can make a profit from.
Put the names you obtained in a hat and draw out your answer.
9/10 super affiliates are doing this.
HCFGrizzly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 01:53 PM   #25
thomas_boxler

thomas_boxler thomas_boxler thomas_boxler thomas_boxler thomas_boxler thomas_boxler thomas_boxler thomas_boxler thomas_boxler thomas_boxler thomas_boxler
One with low competition, high number of searches (could be 1200 or more) and high CPC. However, you need to find a good tool that will look for relevant niches and suggestions just to give you an idea. It is also important you choose the one which you are familiar with so that it would be easy to build content and promote it later on.

I used Keyword Canine before and it was a good one. There are also other tools that can help, just put in a bit of research. Goodluck!
thomas_boxler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 11:51 PM   #26
davidper

davidper davidper davidper davidper davidper davidper davidper davidper davidper davidper davidper
depending on your traffic which reviewed
davidper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 10:23 PM   #27
Justin100

Justin100 Justin100 Justin100 Justin100 Justin100 Justin100 Justin100 Justin100 Justin100 Justin100 Justin100
If your goal is to make money in your niche then finding a good and profitable niche is very crucial.Also deping on traffic you are getting.
Justin100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 10:32 PM   #28
Justin100

Justin100 Justin100 Justin100 Justin100 Justin100 Justin100 Justin100 Justin100 Justin100 Justin100 Justin100
I think you can get good money from all kind of niche if you can get good traffic to it.
Old 04-07-2016, 05:47 PM   #29
Louey37

Louey37 has a reputation beyond reputeLouey37 has a reputation beyond reputeLouey37 has a reputation beyond reputeLouey37 has a reputation beyond reputeLouey37 has a reputation beyond reputeLouey37 has a reputation beyond reputeLouey37 has a reputation beyond reputeLouey37 has a reputation beyond reputeLouey37 has a reputation beyond reputeLouey37 has a reputation beyond reputeLouey37 has a reputation beyond repute
Hey mate, I wrote an article on this a few weeks ago where I break down how I've been doing this for the last 2 years.

You can read it here: How to find 100 hyper-profitable new niche ideas, every day | Lifestyle Design Academy

I haven't finished the rest of the site so don't waste too much time digging around there, but the article's up and it walks you through the whole process.
Louey37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 10:17 AM   #30
Frovessiom

Frovessiom Frovessiom Frovessiom Frovessiom Frovessiom Frovessiom Frovessiom Frovessiom Frovessiom Frovessiom Frovessiom
Find something you love and naturally talented in
Frovessiom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Ad
Old 09-27-2016, 12:40 AM   #31
BogOfe34

BogOfe34 BogOfe34 BogOfe34 BogOfe34 BogOfe34 BogOfe34 BogOfe34 BogOfe34 BogOfe34 BogOfe34 BogOfe34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bankrobber View Post
Hi friend! Here are some tips you can follow in picking the right niche:

1. Focus on your interests and then start being creative by offering something distinctive to your target market.

2. Once you find a suitable niche, dig deeper into it and look for an area where you can specialize into like food(main niche)-Asian Cuisine(sub niche)--exotic delicacies(specialization).

3. Check out the competition as well. This way, you'll be able to know if you have a chance in the niche of your choosing or simply look for another niche instead.

4. Once you find the right niche to work into, start a website, and get a decent traffic out of it then you need to find a reputable affiliate company who can provide you with the right tools to help your site earn more. Like using an offerwall for instance, this tool will allow you to display relevant offers which your visitors can avail in exchange for rewards. This is a clever way of monetizing your site rather than relying on banner ads for money... I'm sharing this with you since I've been actually using the same tool from OfferDaddy and it's been helping me to increase my monthly revenues ever since...

Hope this helps!

Good luck!
BogOfe34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 06:20 AM   #32
v3locim
How do you pick a niche?

v3locim has a spectacular aura about
I'd suggest you to pick one that are along the lines of your interest, you are likely to know more about it, and as a person who's interested in that product/topic yourself, you'd know how to sell it, from the perspective of an interested buyer.

Money is in every niche, you need a lot of dedication and hardwork to squeeze it out.

Good Luck!
v3locim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 02:15 PM   #33
Patrick6

Patrick6 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by v3locim View Post
I'd suggest you to pick one that are along the lines of your interest, you are likely to know more about it, and as a person who's interested in that product/topic yourself, you'd know how to sell it, from the perspective of an interested buyer.

Money is in every niche, you need a lot of dedication and hardwork to squeeze it out.

Good Luck!
You are right.I appreciate it.
Patrick6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 07:15 PM   #34
minisam

minisam has a spectacular aura about
If you already have niche in mind, do keyword research to see if the niche is worth getting into, try to narrow your search as much as possible then move from there.
minisam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 12:11 PM   #35
imagetypers

imagetypers imagetypers imagetypers imagetypers imagetypers imagetypers imagetypers imagetypers imagetypers imagetypers imagetypers
"Where there is traffic, there can be niche" choose the audience you targeting, know the keywords they search for; Go Niched!
imagetypers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 05:30 AM   #36
tonmoy07

tonmoy07 tonmoy07 tonmoy07 tonmoy07 tonmoy07 tonmoy07 tonmoy07 tonmoy07 tonmoy07 tonmoy07 tonmoy07
If you're struggling to decide, or you need more data to work with, use the following five steps to find your niche.
  1. Identify your interests and passions. This may be something you've already done. ...
  2. Identify problems you can solve. ...
  3. Research your competition. ...
  4. Determine the profitability of your niche. ...
  5. Test your idea.
tonmoy07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 10:51 AM   #37
Andress3

Andress3 Andress3 Andress3 Andress3 Andress3 Andress3 Andress3 Andress3 Andress3 Andress3 Andress3
I usually search on google using keywords and pick up the most niche relevant websites.
Andress3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 09:53 PM   #38
Justin100

First, find something you are interested and then pick some keywords with low competition in the beginning and start working with these keywords.
Old 06-14-2017, 02:27 AM   #39
ruthgrowbizfast

ruthgrowbizfast has a spectacular aura about
I would advise you go into an industry you already know something about. I mean don't try something you are totally blind on. Find something people buy or need with lesser competitors. This video on time compression tunnels might help you start: [url=https://youtu.be/tRroE8ATPY0]How We Did $50k in 2 Weeks With Time Comprression Funnels - YouTube[/url]
ruthgrowbizfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 02:54 AM   #40
saim630
seo

saim630 has a spectacular aura about
Depends on wat interest you have, writing posts on something which doesn't interests you is hard
saim630 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 02:42 PM   #41
funnykid

funnykid has a spectacular aura about
By refering maximum searches and CPC rate...
funnykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 03:24 PM   #42
funnykid

funnykid has a spectacular aura about
By refering maximum searches and CPC rate...
funnykid is offline   Reply With Quote