Affiliate Marketing and PPC

Cherie

New member
Nov 5, 2009
3
0
0
:1zhelp:Hi, just wondering if anyone knows the answer to this. I want to promote an affiliate product, I dont want to build a website or landing page for the product and want to use PPC Google Adwords to promote the product.

I cant seem to get my Display url passed by Google. I am promoting product XYZ - now if I put the owners site eg xyz.com in the Display url and my affiliate link in the Destination url all is OK and it is passed. However I get a message that my ads are "not showing" this is because when there are 2 display urls the same Google will only show ads for one (the higher ranking one)

Now the Product owner has their own PPC going and they will outrank me so this way is no good. If I put my redirect domain xyzisgood.com (which redirect to the affiate product) in the Display url then google doesnt like that either and I get disapproved as the site is just a redirect - it doesnt actually exist. So apart from creating a landing page (which I didnt want to do) is there a way around this.

A Google Adwords specialist said there is a way around it so you can PPC affiliate products with no website?? But he wants to charge me $500 to give me the answer. Now I know some of you will say I should be creating a landing page to capture emails but this product doesnt really warrant that. Thanks for you input in advance.
 


Do a landing page and mask the affiliate link.. then your golden. Also try to find a way to generate traffic without directly challenging the product developer because thats a losing battle.
It sounds like u need to do a bit more research before you invest any money into a campaign
 
I believe you can still iframe the owner's page on your own website, but Google will quickly catch you and stop giving you impressions. Other than that, I don't know anyway around making your own small website.
 
shouldn't that be in the keywords destination url?

I think I misunderstood the question.

OP: If you want to "overtake" the other person who is direct linking, you need to bid really high (get a great CTR) and force them out with money. If it is a good keyword, you will be up for a fight.

Putting your keyword in the keyword destination URL will be short-lived and will probably prompt one of Googles' gay ass manual reviews where they will literally destroy your campaign. Never do shot to piss them off. Practically had to change my identity to get a new account.
 
no no. the problem is that he's trying to get traffic running against a higher QS campaign driving traffic to the same domain.

The person he's competing with is the actual product owner - good luck keeping your affiliate program running long by outbidding your merchant. they'll just pull you.

You can't get around that.

google will only show one URL at a time, and if you're competing against someone better, throw in the towel now. a redirect will get you nowhere.

You've got to throw up your own site. Moreover, you've got to throw up your own site that has some sort of relevant content to add to the "user experience" & cloak your aff links.

without knowing what the product is it's hard to really give you advice on this, but i'd say you're trying to take the easy way out, which you just can't do with google anymore.
 
Thank you all for your input. Really all I was trying to do was promote an affiliate product thru Adwords without building a website or landing page. I didnt mind creating my own domain (no website) and using domain forwarding. It seems it cant be done without some sort of website. MMMMM Bum.