Affiliate Recruitment For Event Tickets

Hello, this is my first post, or pretty close to it. I am managing an affiliate program and I had a very simple and possibly silly question for you all...

How do I find and recruit good earning affiliates for event tickets?

I've been looking for a while now. I took this job over from someone else a few months ago and have had a fair few people signing up, but very few are earning anything. Many aren't even putting links up.

My boss keeps telling me, "you have to improve this" when I send him the numbers each morning but despite my efforts I haven't been able to increase revenue.

Is there a motherlode somewhere, of tickets affiliates?

I'm currently sorting through the backlinks of the likes of StubHub, trying to determine which of them are affiliate links, but it is a slow and unsung business...


Sorry for the long post. Any advice would be welcomed.

Thanks all,

Liquidator. :(
 


You need to pay a higher percentage of the transaction fees.

Traditionally ticket payouts have been too low to be worthwhile to all but a few affilliates.

This was understandable when fees were only a few dollars on tix. Now they can run into being 10% or more of ticket prices.

Step into the 21st century with the payouts. Shoot me a PM if you can do that, and want the name of someone at a big network to plug in to.
 
There are definitely tricks, although I'm not sure anyone who gets paid to do affiliate management for a living is going to share them.
 
Liquidator,
You may wish to join Commission Junction in order to gain some fresh eyes checking out your offer, which hopefully will lead to them joining.

In addition to the looks/joins, this will also allow you to benchmark yourself against your competition in terms of how your offer and payouts stack up. Even if you do not join as an advertiser, I would join as a publisher in order to benchmark.

-=Chipmunk=-
 
Hit me up, I'm in the TicketNiche and can send sales depending what company you are repping for. If the % of sale is good and the backend / volume of events/tickets is good we should be good to do some testing.
 
Thanks all for the responses, every bit helps and some of these were excellent.

I'll be contacting some of you personally, so again thanks.

I'll see what I can do on the commission end of things, but we already offer one of the biggest commissions in the industry.

Also we're in the process of opening a Commission Junction account. It will (hopefully) be up and running by the end of this week (he says...)

Thanks again.
 
Eeek, as an affiliate, I hate Commission Junction! If you have anything in your system or not have to go through CJ.Com go ahead and send me a PM still.