I Swear the Google Adwords Team is retarded.

efeezy

Well-known member
Oct 5, 2007
5,249
136
63
51
Sorry, I have to rant here because Google has some seriously fucked up ways of doing things...

6-8 months ago I was running some campaigns to some of my EPN sites, back when you could actually make money from Ebay Partners. Ran the campaigns, moved on with life, then get the dreaded "Your Adwords Account is Suspended due to poor quality landing pages bla bla bla" email probably 4 months ago. Fine, big deal. Wasn't using Adwords for anything anyway. Mind you this was months after I stopped running the "poor quality" campaign.

A week ago, I get an email from Google Adwords Team with the subject:
"Final Warning: Your Google AdWords account has multiple violations and is at risk of being suspended"‏

What the fuck. They told me I was suspended months ago. Are these idiots just rubbing it in that I can't use their service or what?

I email the lady back, which I was shocked it said you could do, since Google never likes to hear the users side of the story.

I told her that you supposedly already suspended my account 4 months ago. I can't run campaigns if I wanted to, why now is my account "at risk" of being suspended. Was I suspended the first time around or not?

I get an email back and she tells me yes my account is suspended and the site that supposedly had such a poor quality score that they felt the need to ban me for life.

GOOD FUCKING GOD! So I emailed her back and asked why, if I was suspended are you sending me emails threatening to suspend my account? Are you just rubbing it in that I'm suspended or is there a way for me to get my account re-instated, because if I'm suspended, I don't want to get another emaill from Adwords support ever again.

Haven't heard back yet, but what the fuck is wrong with these people? Are they that fucked up that they don't know who they banned and who they haven't.

So now I just have my wife run campaigns on her Adwords account for me. :338:
 


I have heard even more disturbing news... they sent to some banned guys ....vouchers for adwords!!! lmao, probably for next account:)
 
I got that same love letter yesterday from google..

"Dear advertiser,

We are writing to let you know that your Google AdWords account is at risk of being suspended due to multiple violations related to our Advertising Policies, including the Landing Page and Site Quality Guidelines. Below is a list of example Display URLs of the sites in violation of these policies. Please check the existing ads in your account to ensure that they comply with these policies. Please be aware that this is your final warning and that any additional violations of our Landing Page and Site Quality Guidelines will lead to immediate account suspension."

If you lose the adwords account do they suspend the email account associated with it as well? Like will I lose the gmail account also?
 
I have heard even more disturbing news... they sent to some banned guys ....vouchers for adwords!!! lmao, probably for next account:)

I still get vouchers...it's funny as hell.

I got that same love letter yesterday from google..

"Dear advertiser,

We are writing to let you know that your Google AdWords account is at risk of being suspended due to multiple violations related to our Advertising Policies, including the Landing Page and Site Quality Guidelines. Below is a list of example Display URLs of the sites in violation of these policies. Please check the existing ads in your account to ensure that they comply with these policies. Please be aware that this is your final warning and that any additional violations of our Landing Page and Site Quality Guidelines will lead to immediate account suspension."

If you lose the adwords account do they suspend the email account associated with it as well? Like will I lose that gmail account as well?

As far as I know, you don't lose Gmail, Adsense etc. They're independent of each other as far as Google is concerned.
 
I got that same love letter yesterday from google..

"Dear advertiser,

We are writing to let you know that your Google AdWords account is at risk of being suspended due to multiple violations related to our Advertising Policies, including the Landing Page and Site Quality Guidelines. Below is a list of example Display URLs of the sites in violation of these policies. Please check the existing ads in your account to ensure that they comply with these policies. Please be aware that this is your final warning and that any additional violations of our Landing Page and Site Quality Guidelines will lead to immediate account suspension."

If you lose the adwords account do they suspend the email account associated with it as well? Like will I lose the gmail account also?
They gave you the URLs? Wow, that's a step up. Had an account banned for 100% legitimate sites - no rebills, nothing sketchy at all, and they wouldnt give any more details. This was an account with significant history and probably around $100k spend.

Good thing there's that "create new account" feature.
 
I got the same message yesterday. Funny thing is, about a week ago I got an email from one of their reps asking if I'd like to work 1-on-1 with him to increase my advertising.

My email included the sites they found to be "low quality". Mostly crappy wordpress themes with several original content articles on them. No rebills.
 
the stricter they get the more i enjoy inserting the finger for a change. lol
 
Haha thats Google for you. I've been banned for months, and they actually call me and ask me what they can do to get me to spend more money with them. I love telling their reps to suck my fat dick. Google is a great source of revenue but I dont think I'll ever go back ... well maybe $10k in advertising credits and immunity from their retarded quality standards might make me come back.
 
I got a LETTER stating that I was banned for life and get no less than 1 adwords voucher and 1 "COME BACK TO ADSENSE" post card monthly

(they also banned me from adsense for life when they banned me from adwords- you know, just for fun).

The minute they send me an envelope with prepaid business reply mail they're going to get a picture of my fucking taint and an envelope full of glitter mailed back.

Morons.