International Diet conversion drops - am I the only one?

I can't believe so many people are actually afraid to SELL products.

Free trials aren't he end all be all way to make monies on the interwebs.

Sure, you will have to spend more on PPC or whatever your method, but the payouts are usually more also.

I'm speaking from experience. I've banked hard for most of this decade actually selling pills instead of free trials for them. Yes, I said DECADE. My revenue per sale has stayed around $100 all through it.

Sure, it takes 3 to 5 times as many clicks for a conversion, but the payout is 3 to 5 times as much as for free trials if you are dealing with the right companies.

And no, you aren't likely to score 2 signups to 2 different pills on a flog, but we shouldn't have been doing that shady shit anyways.

All in all I think that if you know how to sell real products, with real price tags you will never worry about needing a free trial ever again.
 


I can't believe so many people are actually afraid to SELL products.

Free trials aren't he end all be all way to make monies on the interwebs.

Sure, you will have to spend more on PPC or whatever your method, but the payouts are usually more also.

I'm speaking from experience. I've banked hard for most of this decade actually selling pills instead of free trials for them. Yes, I said DECADE. My revenue per sale has stayed around $100 all through it.

Sure, it takes 3 to 5 times as many clicks for a conversion, but the payout is 3 to 5 times as much as for free trials if you are dealing with the right companies.

And no, you aren't likely to score 2 signups to 2 different pills on a flog, but we shouldn't have been doing that shady shit anyways.

All in all I think that if you know how to sell real products, with real price tags you will never worry about needing a free trial ever again.
Amen to that.
I don't do pills, but I do do the sales thing, and while I'm not ballin, I'm definitely comfortable.
 
I can't believe so many people are actually afraid to SELL products.

Free trials aren't he end all be all way to make monies on the interwebs.

Sure, you will have to spend more on PPC or whatever your method, but the payouts are usually more also.

I'm speaking from experience. I've banked hard for most of this decade actually selling pills instead of free trials for them. Yes, I said DECADE. My revenue per sale has stayed around $100 all through it.

Sure, it takes 3 to 5 times as many clicks for a conversion, but the payout is 3 to 5 times as much as for free trials if you are dealing with the right companies.

And no, you aren't likely to score 2 signups to 2 different pills on a flog, but we shouldn't have been doing that shady shit anyways.

All in all I think that if you know how to sell real products, with real price tags you will never worry about needing a free trial ever again.

My problem isn't converting sales at all, it's the fact that I can't find anyone with reasonable looking merchant pages that aren't based on fucked yahoo storefronts.

Any acai/colon recommendations that accept european/canadian/australian traffic besides markethealth?
 
Convert2Media have started to put out email and zip submit again after critizing and stopping those offers a few months back.

I think this rebill fiasco will have a bigger consequences than most of us might think.
 
Convert2Media have started to put out email and zip submit again after critizing and stopping those offers a few months back.

I think this rebill fiasco will have a bigger consequences than most of us might think.

no it'll be good, it'll force networks/advertisers to test SALE models, for those who can only sell with "FREE FOREVER!!111" copy related to trials to adapt or die, and open the diet and other markets up to tons of skeptics willing to buy but not willing to sign up for a trial (like me as a consumer).

I was just expecting this to happen 6 months ago, but apparently I was wrong.
 
no it'll be good, it'll force networks/advertisers to test SALE models, for those who can only sell with "FREE FOREVER!!111" copy related to trials to adapt or die, and open the diet and other markets up to tons of skeptics willing to buy but not willing to sign up for a trial (like me as a consumer).

I was just expecting this to happen 6 months ago, but apparently I was wrong.

Yeap, I agree... adapt or die...

In any business willingness to adapt is crucial.

I myself have drawn out a plan to add some new strategies in 2010.

Going back to basic with email marketing and high quality backends.
 
Stupid question: are big banks actually starting to reject re-bill offers? How would they distinguish the "scams" from the "not scams"? How do they know it's a re-bill offer?

Sorry I'm not familiar with the ways things are done on the back end.
They're starting to roll up MIDs and track multiple accounts better.
 
  • Like
Reactions: FTC-Hater
I've been speaking to some network reps and they are starting to open up to the idea of actual sales vs. free trials, but they still say free trials make them a lot more cash. Man I miss the good days of early ED and weight loss sales which were actual sales and not free trials. If free trials went away, actual sales would show a nice increase.
 
I've been speaking to some network reps and they are starting to open up to the idea of actual sales vs. free trials, but they still say free trials make them a lot more cash. Man I miss the good days of early ED and weight loss sales which were actual sales and not free trials. If free trials went away, actual sales would show a nice increase.

This free trial strategy won't go away. It is a powerful
form of marketing.

Probably what we can expect is merchant having to
request permission for subsequent order, instead of
auto rebill.

Payout to publisher will be lower since conversion on
the merchant side will drop too.
 
>>This free trial strategy won't go away.

I agree, but with new huge ass TOS, conversions and payouts will go way down, thus promoting actual sales will result in higher EPC's in quite a few niches than free trials.
 
>>This free trial strategy won't go away.

I agree, but with new huge ass TOS, conversions and payouts will go way down, thus promoting actual sales will result in higher EPC's in quite a few niches than free trials.

That is true.

Free trials will never go away. But from what I have noticed when I looked at several networks range of offers, a lot of companies are going to be hurt by the drop in revenue from them slowing. Too many companies leaned heavily on them. In some, half of their offers were pill and cosmetic rebill offers.

That's not gonna be good next year for a lot of employees.
 
I can't believe so many people are actually afraid to SELL products.

Free trials aren't he end all be all way to make monies on the interwebs.

Sure, you will have to spend more on PPC or whatever your method, but the payouts are usually more also.

I'm speaking from experience. I've banked hard for most of this decade actually selling pills instead of free trials for them. Yes, I said DECADE. My revenue per sale has stayed around $100 all through it.

Sure, it takes 3 to 5 times as many clicks for a conversion, but the payout is 3 to 5 times as much as for free trials if you are dealing with the right companies.

And no, you aren't likely to score 2 signups to 2 different pills on a flog, but we shouldn't have been doing that shady shit anyways.

All in all I think that if you know how to sell real products, with real price tags you will never worry about needing a free trial ever again.

amen. in software, products that offer a "hook" (ie, we'll show you what's wrong with your computer, but you gotta buy to fix) vs ACTUAL free trial (we'll let you play with it for 14 days) the "hook" model comes out on top. not by a little margin, either. the hook model converts 50 times better in my experience, which is close to a billion software trials thus far. there's a way to get people to buy without a trial - you just hafta get creative.

/end off topic rant
 
diet sucks ball this month, both US & International. volume is still pretty much the same meaning people are still looking for this shit, so i guess it's the offers that i'm promoting, perhaps the advertisers shaving hard/having merchant account problems? i don't know..
 
Anyone doing teeth whiteners? My conversions for teeth whiteners are dropping also.