split testing the "other" page elements

Alejandro

The HOTH - Google Me.
May 21, 2009
465
5
0
Chi-city
I've had some decent experience split testing using GWO, but in wordpress, that really only works for pages/posts.

What about split testing headers/footers/widgets?

For instance, lets say you have an opt in form in the right sidebar (a widget or static piece of the template) and you want to see if it'll convert better with a green background and a flashing button, or a red background and an oversized button, is there anyway to test something like that?

Another scenario is that you have an "About" widget in the same sidebar, is there are way to test which widget order (1,2 vs 2,1) will convert best?

I'm sure I'm not the first person to think of something like this and I know enough of you use WP for LPs so I hope you may have some thoughts/ideas.

Thx
-Al
 


Explain how "posts" are different from other page elements and why you aren't able to run them the same in GWO.
 
You need to learn how to create new page templates that call different page elements.
Creating a new page template based on existing one takes about 5 minutes. In that new page template you can call different sidebars/header/footer with different content in them.

If you want me to be more specific, pm me. Btw. you only require basic html skills for this.
 
You could try the WP Google Website Optimizer Plugin.

Code:
http://websiteoptimizer.contentrobot.com/