stumbleupon advertising



I would think since its people randomly stumbling across the internet, it would be extremely un-targeted and not good for anything except a product which might appeal to anyone.
 
they say it's not "random", since their users choose the topics of interest to them and then their recommendation engine learns waht they like. anyway, my friend used them to increase traffic and uniques before his start up was acquired, so it seems to work for some people.
 
I spent 200$ to get one dating conversion when they first opened up. I'm sure its can work out, like the guy above said startups, maybe some interesting social media site or game might get some use out of it, but for general affiliate offers, it probably isn't the best idea.

I think its just interstitial ads, which you're better off going to adbrite or directcpv with. Stumble is too expensive.
 
Stumbleupon is a good source of traffic if you put some effort into it. If you take the time to build a following by building some relationships, you can get a great response. But just buying random traffic from stumbleupon or just posting to stumbleupon with no follow up will be very very low converting traffic.

You might get 2000 viewers in a few hours, but none of them go to your squeeze page.