I've thought of this for ages, and think I"m finally going to get more regimented in my approach. Yes I'm aware (and often preach on here) about statistical significance, not making rash decisions, dayparting, etc.
But I'm wondering how you handle really broad testing. That is- let's say you're launching a mortgage campaign (random example).
How do you handle the following.
Background colors. Stock photo nationalities, Audio/video walk on vs not. 1 page form vs 2 vs 3. Headline call to action/text.
That is- how do you start? I usually am inclined to build two distinct versions of something, keep everything else the same (that is- 1 page vs 3 page in this type of example), run those. If clear differences pick that and then move on to following things- headlines, background colors, etc.
However this is all very crude and while data is significant before making any calls and then I do things like weighting in new revisions at 10-20% I still feel like I"m very unorganized here.
But I'm wondering how you handle really broad testing. That is- let's say you're launching a mortgage campaign (random example).
How do you handle the following.
Background colors. Stock photo nationalities, Audio/video walk on vs not. 1 page form vs 2 vs 3. Headline call to action/text.
That is- how do you start? I usually am inclined to build two distinct versions of something, keep everything else the same (that is- 1 page vs 3 page in this type of example), run those. If clear differences pick that and then move on to following things- headlines, background colors, etc.
However this is all very crude and while data is significant before making any calls and then I do things like weighting in new revisions at 10-20% I still feel like I"m very unorganized here.