Two stupid Facebook questions and...tits.

Truffles

New member
Apr 20, 2009
333
3
0
So while I'm not new to PPC by any means, I am new to Facebook PPC. I have two dumb questions that I could not find answered anywhere:

1. In my preview after the body copy it has the little thumbs up and the "Like" link and below that it says "My full name likes this." I feel like the answer is going to be "no" and just showing how the ad will appear to others with their name instead, but is my full name going to be plastered all over this thing because it was created from my personal account?

2. Is it a bad idea to do Facebook advertising from one's personal account? If so why? I was wondering if there is a high probability of banning if I'm pushing email submits and if there is, I obviously don't want to get my personal account banned. I know I should probably create a separate account regardless but I'm not really sure what the best practice is here or the risk factor.

I fully realize that these questions come off as noobish but I figure it would be better to ask here than ask Facebook.

And because of the noobish nature of this question--tits:

naked-shiny-tits.jpg
 


offtopic - are you going to the meet on the 24th? o.O


To answer your questions.

1. No your names will not be plastered all over the ads and on the adboard. That is just representational of what would appear if someone does decide to like the ad. (I've seen people like rebills before, it's pretty funny)

2. I would definitely create an alternate facebook account if you are going to be at that "fuck you facebook I'll try shit if I want" line. Personally I've gotten a personal account 'banned' which by banned I mean they just took away my advertising privileges. I have had other facebook accounts closed but those were not in use and just for advertising. Point is if you feel like your ads might get too borderline fuck you to facebook I would definitely create an alternate account.

Hope that helps.
 
offtopic - are you going to the meet on the 24th? o.O


To answer your questions.

1. No your names will not be plastered all over the ads and on the adboard. That is just representational of what would appear if someone does decide to like the ad. (I've seen people like rebills before, it's pretty funny)

2. I would definitely create an alternate facebook account if you are going to be at that "fuck you facebook I'll try shit if I want" line. Personally I've gotten a personal account 'banned' which by banned I mean they just took away my advertising privileges. I have had other facebook accounts closed but those were not in use and just for advertising. Point is if you feel like your ads might get too borderline fuck you to facebook I would definitely create an alternate account.

Hope that helps.

I'll be flying home from Florida that day but I should make it.

Ok, so I figured that was the case w/ #1, and basically you're saying that the worst that will happen is they disable ads for my personal account (and not shitcan my entire account/pics/friends/etc.) right?
 
I'll be flying home from Florida that day but I should make it.

Ok, so I figured that was the case w/ #1, and basically you're saying that the worst that will happen is they disable ads for my personal account (and not shitcan my entire account/pics/friends/etc.) right?

I'm not saying they won't for a fact, but the situation I was in they didn't.
 
In my situation I use a business credit card that had my name as the business name so I guess it wouldn't be that hard for them to figure out lol.

I have always used my personal account which I recognize could cause some bad effects if you get banned but I've always tried to stay low volume and not be shady. By the way, how old are you? Do you want to test and keep a free iPad? If so PM me.
 
My first advertiser account (which was banned long ago) was tied to my personal account, and nothing happened to that personal Facebook account. I still use it.
 
Seperate account is definitely the way to go imo... Does anyone know of any new offers for Facebook? They used to have the free $100 in advertising credit for joining the Visa Business Network...
Thanks,
D