I installed VirtualBox 3.0.10 and the Wireless Network Connection immedietly lost it's IP information and windows shows that it can not aquire an IP address.
Switching to 3.0.8, I installed and everything worked fine. I did not test/bridge network connection with a guest OS but installing VirtualBox did not immedietly break the Wireless Network Connection.
However, after around ~2 hours, the internet connection lost it's IP and could no longer connect. Restarting the computer or the NIC did not help.
The wireless software successfully connects, but Windows does not receive any packets or receive an IP from the router. The issue seems like a standard part of the configuration of VirtualBox.
After installation, I selected the Connection (in Network Connections) and one of the protocols ("items") that it uses is the VirtualBox network adapter. Disabling it does not fix the connection.
I have not been able to locate any post-installation instructions to ensure that network connections work properly on the host, but I am suspecting that I need to perform some steps to ensure this.
Is there a set of post-installation configurations to ensure that host network connections work properly?
I have tried this on 2 computers with the same results.
Switching to 3.0.8, I installed and everything worked fine. I did not test/bridge network connection with a guest OS but installing VirtualBox did not immedietly break the Wireless Network Connection.
However, after around ~2 hours, the internet connection lost it's IP and could no longer connect. Restarting the computer or the NIC did not help.
The wireless software successfully connects, but Windows does not receive any packets or receive an IP from the router. The issue seems like a standard part of the configuration of VirtualBox.
After installation, I selected the Connection (in Network Connections) and one of the protocols ("items") that it uses is the VirtualBox network adapter. Disabling it does not fix the connection.
I have not been able to locate any post-installation instructions to ensure that network connections work properly on the host, but I am suspecting that I need to perform some steps to ensure this.
Is there a set of post-installation configurations to ensure that host network connections work properly?
I have tried this on 2 computers with the same results.