A Fucking Must See.

Jardini

Active member
Dec 13, 2007
676
26
28
台北
I might get banned for doing this, but fk it, whatever. What people are doing never ceased to amaze me and I am really surprised this shit even got through CJ

Log into your CJ account if you got one.
Do a merchant search for "emily"

I wonder who the hell would be stupid enough to promote that shit through CJ.

Ok, putting my flame/ban suit on.
 


It's a CJ Media deal (short term, usually), and it looks to me like it's run by Lidango (Lindango affiliate links + close in IP range + same IP rwhois), getting their offer from Azoogle.
 
someone just fuckin say what it is cuz I don't has passwords to that shitty network.
 
Last time I worked with CJ Media, they didn't pay me for 4 months & the CJM rep treated me like absolute shit when I asked questions. Good thing it wasn't much money & I had my own account rep who straightened things out...

As Johu said, CJM deals are usually short term campaigns. I could probably blow out crap traffic to this campaign at almost no cost - however, I value my relationship with CJ (I've had some exclusive deals through them in the past). Also, their network quality team is extremely anal (and rightfully so with how worried some of the big name advertisers are) & will probably not pay you if your traffic looks sketchy - but who knows on this campaign.
 
CJ would probably pay, but my guess is that the advertiser would skip out on their payment to CJ (since this is a sketchy offer).
 
CJ won't pay your for bad traffic.

For those of you who think they will get paid by throwing bad PPV traffic at this, CJ will most likely not pay you.

I'm basing this off my experience earlier this year where CJ screwed me out of $1600. I was generating legitimate traffic for one of their advertisers for one month at a low level because I was testing and waiting for my first payment. That payment never came because the advertiser never paid CJ. Here's the email I got from CJ:

Thank you for your inquiry. Unfortunately, the advertiser, [company name removed by me], has insufficient funds in their account for payout. Despite efforts to make them aware of this issue, we have yet to receive a deposit in order to remedy the situation. If you wish to pursue the funds owed to you by the advertiser, it will need to be done so independently, as stated in the PSA at Publisher Service Agreement.

PSA Section 3(e) states: If CJ elects, in its own discretion, not to make payment to You for amounts not received from an Advertiser, those amounts shall not be included in the Minimum Balance Amount. Your recourse for any earned Payouts not paid to You shall be to make a claim against the relevant Advertiser(s), and CJ disclaims any and all liability for such payment.

We hope this answers your question. If you have further questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us.

Sincerely,
Commission Junction Client Support

To which I responded:

I spoke to the advertiser just now. He said he would pay $1584.00 to you guys tomorrow. My only concern is that once he pays this, I don't want it to go to other publishers if other money is owed... after all, I did the work to collect the money

Their response:

Thank you for your inquiry. CJ cannot give preference to specific publishers regarding payment. We are obligated to collect all funds owed before we issue commissions. In the event that the balance owed by the advertiser is paid in full, payment will be issued to all publishers. You may attempt to settle the matter outside of the CJ network, but any funds sent to us directly will be handled in the above manner.

We hope this answers your question. If you have further questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us.

What I learned from this. Avoid CJ if possible. If I need to use CJ, only run advertisers that show stability or try to cut CJ out and go direct.