a noob's plan: For Peer Review

webetricky

Banned
Oct 12, 2009
612
9
0
NY
Hey all, I have been lurking and researching for a few weeks now. I was hoping if I could outline my basic plan for diving into the affiliate market world I could get some feedback before making any super-noobish mistakes.

I am hoping to get most traffic out of SEO and then do some complementary FB and Adwords campaigns. My basic plan is to register several domains, throw up wordpress w/plugins (all in one SEO, site map, etc.) and then blog according to a chosen niche. I'm hoping to bang out 2-4 blogs a week (around 15-20 posts per blog), link them, and throw on some adsense to hopefully get a little something coming in during this first stage. After building for 8 weeks I should have a small base of ~25 sites. At this point I plan to go back to the sites created in the first week and update / optimise them, and start working in the affiliate promotion.

As for my link strategy, I am planning to a-b-c link the sites as I build them each week, and additionally have each new site link to any sites built the week before. So by the time I finish this first building phase I should have the first sites fairly decently linked (I hope).

I have seen a lot about how domains need to be spread out across different IP's when blogging like this to get the best SEO effect from the links. I am planning to go with cyberwurx for hosting as they offer unlimited domains, but how many domains can I assign to an IP? I have read that ~5 is the sweet spot.

Is this a decent plan or am I going about it ass-backwards? Just FYI, I am a CS major, have managed some small sites before, etc..So I am comfortable working with databases, FTP, and the internet at large. My primary concern is the SEO and marketing aspect - both of which I feel I have learned all that I can by reading, and that it is time to dive in and do some testing. I also want to make sure I am not making more work for myself than is necessary - for example, am I better off just throwing up landing pages instead of blogs, or maybe a mix of both?

As for affiliate networks, I am hoping to go with copeac as they seem to be the most reputable. However, I have also read that they reject a lot of people, which leads me to believe they are not very noob friendly. In this respect, is it better that I get some solid traffic before applying? Any other thoughts / advice on this?

All posts welcome, flames included. I will, of course, oblige you with breasts for good advice. Thanks all.
 


BE FUCKING CAREFUL when it comes to Google Adwords. If you are doing obvious affiliate stuff (review pages, etc..), then its just a matter of time before they squeeze you out. Promote ALL your shit on page 2 of your landers since Goog won't look past page 1.
 
Garrett - maybe I will just hold out on adwords for now untill I do some more reading.

Evo - With just one site wont SEO be much harder? I will have to scrap for link trades / directory submissions, right?

Any opinions on the plan over all? Does it seem like I am generally headed in the right direction, or at the very least like I have a clue about what I'm doing? Is there anything you guys would do differently?

Thanks for responses
 
As for what to do, mix it up in the beginning. Just start doing stuff, you're inevitably going to have to make adjustments to your strategy based on what you find to work for you.

At this stage, you should just focus on producing because for organic search, the results of what you do today will not be clear for a few weeks at least. You won't be wasting time because as long as you are constantly producing, no matter what you do you are collecting valuable data.

I wouldn't do anything with adsense on a site unless it ranks and has a steady stream of human visitors. The $.30 a month is not worth the risk of getting turned down by a network or slapped on a manual review because it looks spammy or unprofessional.

You don't really have to worry about spreading out IPs unless you are talking about thousands of sites that are obviously machine-generated.