A stupid rant bout TV Dinners

Status
Not open for further replies.

kblessinggr

PedoBeard
Sep 15, 2008
5,723
80
0
G.R., Michigan
www.kbeezie.com
Generally I would find a microwave meal nasty, especially if there's any kind of produce (green beans etc) in it.

However I really dig the imitation boneless ribs, but brands like Hungry Man have been including deserts in a lot of the meals (honestly if I wanted a desert I'd get a real one lol).

For some folks this would be a good thing, assuming there's some kind of assurance that the shit was frozen correctly or never once thawed in transit. Because when it does, you get that brownie mix leaked over into the corn or worse yet all mixed frozen in with the meat/gravy.

If it were an apple pie or some shit, I could probably handle the mix... but ribs and chocolate don't mix... :throwup:
 


i hate when they put pudding in the kc kids dinners and you would microwave it and get warm pudding. who the fuck wants warm pudding?
 
foodcthulhu1pd8.jpg


Good luck stomaching that picture bros.
 
Eat some real food.
I have to agree, TV dinners aren't real food. Don't make it sound like it's a 5 class meal.

They are disgusting and they should make you want to vomit also. Not wanting to cook is not an alternative to frozen meals.

You do after all chose what you eat, get over it.
 
The only imitation anything you should eat is well......... nothing.

If you like boneless ribs they don't take long to cook, and you may find that they taste awesome (they do). BBQ sauce for the win!

I know they already taste awesome. But its along the lines of reasoning of eating Spam on occasion instead of baking a Ham every chance I get. Course the rant was more about the brownie batter leaking over into the ribs and such.
 
lmao, this thread is right up there with "rambling about fucking hookers with sores".

TV Dinners are horrible, and any food stuck in a microwave is tasteless to me, just a big steaming, hot hunk of crap..

On a rare occasion I'll woof down a Stouffer's lasagne, barely edible but better than the rest, and always cooked in the oven..
 
I gotta admit, I have a guilty pleasure in microwave lasagne and the better pot noodles.
Hang over from uni days I guess.

But shit, it takes 10 minutes to boil some water, throw in some pasta, and dump some pre-done pasta sauce on it. Another 2-3 minutes if you want to quickly pan fry some meat.
You can't spend 15 minutes making a meal?
Fuck it, do it in bulk, make 3 serves, and freeze them yourself to have later. 8 minutes per meal if you work it like that (including time to microwave frozens)
 
Nothing to add about TV dinners, but I do think it would be funny if that hosting dude you reamed earlier would come in here and start calling you out about shit. :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.