adCenter, Am I missing something here?

GeXus

Banned
Apr 20, 2008
136
4
0
Okay, so in AdCenter, setup a campaign.

Go to edit a ad group:

#1) When I set say 0.50 as the "Default bid" then select for Search and Content and hit Apply, it only applies to Content. Okay, that's #1.

#2) When I click "Reset to default bids", this works and sets the bids to what I have set. Great, now I hit "Save" on the page.

Now, we go back to the campaign listings. Then for shits, go back into the edited adgroup. Ok, now the bids are back to whatever fucked up rates they decided to put, $10, $6, etc. bids.

Am I missing something here?
 


It's all completely off. Place bids for each KW yourself, then after a day or two, look at position, and tweak bids accordingly.
 
Yeah, well I was able to set the bids to what I wanted to start with, I hit Save. But then when I came back to the ad group -> keywords, the bids were back to the random high bids they put... Basically, Save isn't saving shit.
 
adCenter really sucks sometimes, YSM is just as bad. Hopefully when they finally merge they can put both development teams into actually making the platform usable.
 
Sounds like you might have used the "update all bids for best position" setting initially. At least that would explain the crazy high bids. Try also setting the "nondefault bids" option to your desired values to override any previous settings. The default bids setting is only going to apply to bids that never got changed after creating the adgroup.