Adult images/content - can someone help me with 2257 compliance licensing?

Sonny Forelli

Well-known member
May 8, 2008
2,330
89
48
Liberty City
Very basic question-

I've never dabbled in the adult space at all, I have an idea I want to test but want to dot my I's and cross my T's with regards to compliance.

Where can I legally buy images (don't need a lot of content, basically 'stock' images, so not looking for gobs of niche galleries), AND more importantly once this transaction/licensing takes place who needs to handle any 2257 issues?

Can I simply point to the source I purchased/licensed them from? Any newbie FAQ's any of you adult guys might point me towards?

Yes I've searched at GFY however I either did this poorly or most of the questions re: purchasing don't address this (perhaps it's old news). I just want to make sure that any requirements to operate a site with nudity on it are met.

Thanks
 


Don't know if this helps, but some of the affiliate programs I've seen for adult stuff, have thousands of galleries you can use, so even if your site isn't geared for their product, you could still use their content if you have an ad up. For eg: Pussycash.com
 
If you buy content from someone like Paul Markham, they will provide you with the necessary documentation. If you are putting images up from your sponsor, they will have the documentation on file in the event there is a question. If you are creating a site that accepts user uploaded content, consult your attorney. Actually, if you have any large adult site, it's probably a good idea just to CYA.

Child Protection and Obscenity Enforcement Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
 
seo_mike pretty much summed it up

If the images are licensed to you (from a reputable source), you'll be covered by their docs, because you never actually took the photo's. And that will be defined in your licensing agreement with them.

If you take the pictures, then you need your models to sign a release, and provide you with all of their legal identification to confirm their age etc.

^ this is true for both adult and mainstream, just general practice for all forms of reproducing a persons image.
 
thanks very much, sounds like the easiest way to go here is to simply license the issues. The site will be selling a product that isn't adult in nature (legally- that is, not a paid site / porn / user uploadable site) - I simply wanted to know the easiest route to go in order to incorporate nudity into the design of the site without serious problems.

Anything in that requirement at all for a 'this site contains adult mateiral' splash page with an enter/exit? Or can the site one lands on have nudity on it (think just a single page landing page that's adult in nature).

I'll lookup Paul Markham and go a route like that.
 
Anything in that requirement at all for a 'this site contains adult mateiral' splash page with an enter/exit? Or can the site one lands on have nudity on it (think just a single page landing page that's adult in nature).

It is always good practice to have a warning page with the usual disclaimer and RTA/Icra tags. It shows that you are serious about keeping minors off your website.
 
It is always good practice to have a warning page with the usual disclaimer and RTA/Icra tags. It shows that you are serious about keeping minors off your website.

A warning page all depends on the type of site you plan on creating. None of my adult sites have warning pages.

If you are making a paysite, then it should have a warning page.