Any Diff, Dell UltraSharp 2408WFP vs S2409W

sasquatch

New member
May 14, 2007
267
1
0
I'm thinking about getting two new monitors.

Dell has the S2409W for $199 each right now and the ultrasharps are $549
I can get two of the S2409W for less than the one Ultrasharp.

Thanks for any advice.
 


Any Diff, Dell UltraSharp 2408WFP vs S2409W

Do you not know how to read equipment specifications?

The 2409 does not raise and lower. Does not swivel. Does not rotate to portrait mode. It has lower resolution (1920x1080 vs 1920x1200). Has lower contrast ratio. Only has 2 input types when the 2408 has 8 types. Has lower brightness. Has slightly larger dot pitch. Lower viewing angles. Etc. etc. etc.

Look at the specs yourself... it's not rocket science.

Dell 24" Widescreen Flat Panel Monitor

Dell S2409W 24-inch Widescreen Flat Panel Monitor

The being said, I'm sure the 2409 would suit you fine.


 
I dont notice the difference, but the 2408wfp has an IPS screen which is WAY better.

I also have both monitors.