ANy other WFers in EO (Entrepreneur's Organization) ?

mont7071

WF Premium Member
Feb 10, 2009
1,036
112
0
Portland, OR USA
Just curious if anyone else has joined EO, which is usually geared more towards traditional businesses, but I'm seeing more and more online business owners in my local chapter.

It has a minimum requirement that members have provable $1 million in revenue. It also has fairly high entry and membership fees, which does a good job of weeding out the guys who aren't making it happen or don't have a proven track record. I've been impressed with being able to compare notes with smart guys in completely different brick-and-mortar businesses, and how similar their underlying challenges are to those of us in the online industry.

If you have the credentials, and want to expand your peer circle outside of just online businesspeople, I encourage you to take a look.
 


I volunteered for one of their events here in Houston when I was in college a couple of years ago for the networking opportunity. Awesome bunch of people.
 
My boss is in it so I get to go to some of the events and network. It's definitely educational not to mention those guys know how to party. I hope to be a member myself one day. The networking is invaluable in my opinion.
 
@ Andrew - Once a month is the norm, a few of us meet more often just to talk shop, brainstorm a problem, grab drinks, etc. Its actually pretty structured, the same model is used nationwide for every chapter/forum and they typically say you're tossed out if you miss more than 1 or 2 meetings per year.

@transistor - It's per year, and they make you sign a certification each year that you still make the cut, although they only make you prove it the first year when you sign up
 
I worked for EO for a few years... if anyone has any questions about the organization I can probably answer them.

I even worked with the Portland chapter back in the day. HI!