Anyone Used Freeregisteredagent.com for LLC Before?

redgsr

I Pity The Fool
Dec 13, 2007
478
1
0
Has anyone used freeregisteredagent.com to create a LLC before? I'm looking to create a LLC in Nevada and like the options they have such as providing a Nevada business address, EIN option and drafting of articles.

I'm open to any other LLC services that offer the few things I mentioned above as well. The main thing is the service must offer a Nevada business address I can use.

Thanks in advance.
 


Why dont you look and see what your secretary of state requires for an LLC to be formed. Im sure its different in every state but the last time I set one up it was only a couple of forms that needed to be submitted along with a fee to the state.
 
Why dont you look and see what your secretary of state requires for an LLC to be formed. Im sure its different in every state but the last time I set one up it was only a couple of forms that needed to be submitted along with a fee to the state.

I don't live in Nevada and don't mind paying a company to handle everything for me. I know what Nevada requires I'm just looking for a reputable company that can offer a Nevada business address and create the LLC.
 
I don't live in Nevada and don't mind paying a company to handle everything for me. I know what Nevada requires I'm just looking for a reputable company that can offer a Nevada business address and create the LLC.

same advise still applies all they are going to do is mail you the forms (or let you print them off) and then your going to send it to the Sec Of State yourself. At least do yourself the favor of at least looking. Not sure what to tell you about providing a business address thats a whole other level of sketch
 
same advise still applies all they are going to do is mail you the forms (or let you print them off) and then your going to send it to the Sec Of State yourself. At least do yourself the favor of at least looking. Not sure what to tell you about providing a business address thats a whole other level of sketch

No actually they file everything for you at least the service I'm looking at. The Nevada address is needed for Verisign seal if you use your LLC name. Also it's good to have a physical address in the state of your LLC for taxes.

I just spoke to freeregisteredagent.com which is actually part of Incorp. Incorp is located in Nevada and they let you use their business address as yours. They offer a mail forwarding service so any mail you get sent to that address is forwarded to you.

I'm not doing anything shady just exploring my options for legal tax shelters.

**Just in case anyone wants to file on their own http://nvsos.gov/index.aspx?page=428
 
No actually they file everything for you at least the service I'm looking at. The Nevada address is needed for Verisign seal if you use your LLC name. Also it's good to have a physical address in the state of your LLC for taxes.

I just spoke to freeregisteredagent.com which is actually part of Incorp. Incorp is located in Nevada and they let you use their business address as yours. They offer a mail forwarding service so any mail you get sent to that address is forwarded to you.

I'm not doing anything shady just exploring my options for legal tax shelters.

**Just in case anyone wants to file on their own Nevada Secretary of State : Limited-Liability Company

Well thats pretty cool that they offer that. What are they charging for the forwarding address and the paperwork?

im not the guy to tell you the difference but if your doing it for tax avoidence i mean tax shelter have you looked at the Delaware LLC's? I havent the faintest of the advantages but there is a reason that so many politicians seem to be involved with them.
 
Well thats pretty cool that they offer that. What are they charging for the forwarding address and the paperwork?

im not the guy to tell you the difference but if your doing it for tax avoidence i mean tax shelter have you looked at the Delaware LLC's? I havent the faintest of the advantages but there is a reason that so many politicians seem to be involved with them.

They are not charging much around $500 year or something. Yes I looked at Delaware and it's very popular for brick and mortar business's for various reasons one which is no state tax. Nevada is ideal for Internet based business that don't have a physical address or sell physical products.

From what I understand it's perfectly legal to live in one state and create a LLC in another (Nevada) = no state tax = legal tax sheltering. Maybe I'm wrong but I'm still doing my due diligence.
 
They are not charging much around $500 year or something. Yes I looked at Delaware and it's very popular for brick and mortar business's for various reasons one which is no state tax. Nevada is ideal for Internet based business that don't have a physical address or sell physical products.

From what I understand it's perfectly legal to live in one state and create a LLC in another (Nevada) = no state tax = legal tax sheltering. Maybe I'm wrong but I'm still doing my due diligence.

That seems reasonable. Make sure you ask them if its going to an actual physical address or to a PO box. You should have less problems "working" out of an actual physical location than a PO box. If they are charging $500 for a PO Box your probably over paying by a lot and possibly setting yourself up for some potential problems. Im sure w/ a little due dilly you'll be fine
 
You still need to register as a foreign LLC in your state and pay local state income taxes. I wouldn't mess with the state tax authorities as the feds share data with them, and it's pretty easy to prove to don't actually live in NV if you live in another state.

A friend of mine had his cell phone records and atm receipts audited for state tax compliance as he had claimed FL residence while living in another state. Not worth it IMHO, but NV LLC is good for other things and if you ever move to another state you can dissolve the old state foreign llc and setup a new one in the new state, and your biz will not be affected. Also I hear if you get sued NV is a good state for legal issues, but tax wise it's all the same.
 
You still need to register as a foreign LLC in your state and pay local state income taxes. I wouldn't mess with the state tax authorities as the feds share data with them, and it's pretty easy to prove to don't actually live in NV if you live in another state.

A friend of mine had his cell phone records and atm receipts audited for state tax compliance as he had claimed FL residence while living in another state. Not worth it IMHO, but NV LLC is good for other things and if you ever move to another state you can dissolve the old state foreign llc and setup a new one in the new state, and your biz will not be affected. Also I hear if you get sued NV is a good state for legal issues, but tax wise it's all the same.

Thanks Flipper I just came back to post that I would have to physically move to get the tax advantages. I'm not looking to do anything shady at all so it looks like moving to a state with no income tax may be the best option.

Yes Nevada is great for legal issues from what I'v read:

In Nevada, liability stops with the corporation. As an officer or director, you cannot be held responsible for lawsuits against your corporation except in the case of outright fraud.

No other state takes privacy as seriously as Nevada. In Nevada, there is no requirement for the names of stockholders who own an Nevada corporation or Nevada LLC to be filed with the state. Stockholders are anonymous-not a matter of public record.
 
They are not charging much around $500 year or something. Yes I looked at Delaware and it's very popular for brick and mortar business's for various reasons one which is no state tax. Nevada is ideal for Internet based business that don't have a physical address or sell physical products.

From what I understand it's perfectly legal to live in one state and create a LLC in another (Nevada) = no state tax = legal tax sheltering. Maybe I'm wrong but I'm still doing my due diligence.

I've used LegalZoom.com for 2 LLCs now - they are good and less $$ than having my attorney do the leg work. They also offer a registered agent service but only charge $125 per year.
 
I just used Corpnet and I've been very happy. Their registered agent is only $125 a year as well. I believe Bofu2U recommended them to me.

Whenever I had to call them a real person picked up right away and were very helpful. They're customer service is at their actual offices, so whenever I asked a specific question they would just go talk to the actual agent handling my case (or let me talk directly to them).
 
Thanks Flipper I just came back to post that I would have to physically move to get the tax advantages. I'm not looking to do anything shady at all so it looks like moving to a state with no income tax may be the best option.

Yes Nevada is great for legal issues from what I'v read:

If you're moving to Nevada, the LLC will work great (as opposed to a corporation). The state legislature just amended the laws to better enhance asset protection for single member LLCs, which will work in your favor heavily if you are going to be the only owner.

If you don't end up moving to NV it may not be worth filing here (especially if you're trying to save on income taxes, which probably won't happen).