Best process between short form and call center?

windjc

New member
Sep 24, 2008
801
6
0
What is the best process (code, software, etc) so that information on a short form is instantly directed to a call center?

I am not familiar with this link in the chain and I need to know what my options are.

Cheers.
 


I'm not a geek but all the centers I've worked with have provided me an XML API. Post data to their dialer and you're off to the races.
 
It all depends on the call center - It will be some API of sorts, but the specific details will vary from call center to call center. Ask the call center, and you should be able to easily get what information you need to send, in what format, to what script, and you're good to go.
 
It all depends on the call center - It will be some API of sorts, but the specific details will vary from call center to call center. Ask the call center, and you should be able to easily get what information you need to send, in what format, to what script, and you're good to go.

Ok. Thanks for the insight. My partner is actually setting up the call center side of the business but has never run a call center where leads come from the internet, so I guess we need our own API.

At the risk of sounding ridiculous, how do you set up your own API?
 
Ok. Thanks for the insight. My partner is actually setting up the call center side of the business but has never run a call center where leads come from the internet, so I guess we need our own API.

At the risk of sounding ridiculous, how do you set up your own API?
I'm sure whatever out of the box call center solution you're using (if there is such a thing, really - customization is always needed) has some sort of lead management/phone dialer system - If your partner can't figure out an easy way to interface with that system and import data, I'd have him contact the development company for the solution, hire a programmer, or find a new solution (or get a partner that actually knows how to run a call center :) ).
 
I've dealt with this issue and it is a very difficult process to implement properly.

Proper distrubition of the leads in a efficient fashion might not be a "fair" way in the view of call center reps.

Depending on pay structure this can turn to some heated shit.

Round robin but with permisions based on seniority work best.

I have used leads360.com but have since had a custom solution built.

Sometimes it's actually just best to have the leads shoot to the manager and have him distribute accordingly.

Internet leads do not have a switch to implement volume so its hard to navigate it properly without your sales rep either getting paid hourly or actively following outbound cold calling iniatives supplmented by warm leads.

its a bitch to manage.

your best bet is to get on the phone with whoever is running that floor and there agents.

You need to integrate your marketing to there pitch or you will not convert.