Calling Out A Network On Shaving

DarkN1ght

New member
Dec 6, 2009
349
9
0
Heres the deal, I was spending a little more than usual for some gay Twilight traffic for a "hot offer" on one of my networks and it was converting great and did so for about 2 weeks. Last week the conversions tanked but it was just odd to me so I ran the offer from another affiliate and got almost the same conversion I was previously getting before on the other network.

I have had the same problem with other offers on the network so I always split test them when weird shit starts to happen.... I know there is always going to be legit scrubbing but this to me is deffinantly shaving... When you loose over 50% + of your leads that you were previously being paid for but yet you get a 10% scrub on another network I think its pretty clear what the fuck is up...

I have not really made any moves on calling them out simply because I don't know what good will come from it.

Any opinions?
 


Its not necessarily the network shaving you. The advertiser could be shaving the networks traffic as a whole because its not backing out for them. Be careful before you jump to conclusions.
 
Just bring it up to the network and see what they say. The may have noticed the same drop in conversions overall as well.
 
Its not necessarily the network shaving you. The advertiser could be shaving the networks traffic as a whole because its not backing out for them. Be careful before you jump to conclusions.


That was my thinking I didn't want to just claim the network is at fault, but it was happening with other unrelated offers as well.
 
Last edited:
I ran the offer from another affiliate and got almost the same conversion I was previously getting before on the other network.

Any opinions?

run the offer on the network that gives you the most conversions and move on about your day.
 
FUCKING GUY just dickrolled me.

In most cases, it's usually the advertiser that's doing the shaving. Unless the network is half retarded (any network on ScrubPath) they should see the big picture.

I know that mobile advertisers often have problems with certain carriers accepting their bills. Being a network owner I rarely get any notice that this happens until I reach out and find out - and there is nothing that the advertiser can do until it's figured out with the carrier. The rules are super strict with mobile advertisers and if their chargeback rate is too high then they do get disabled.
 
The mobile IQ offer for twilight has been up and down conversion wise with us, I think we called the advertiser out on it last week i havent been able to see if its still up and down.

It could be scrubbing, it could be rejection by the carriers, it could be the same stupid users clicked the ads again, or someone above you is running the same offer, and your second click and dupping out since the person signed up already.

Any network that scrubs is shooting themselves in the foot, its usually an advertiser who doesnt realize how much it hurts the overall, its best to lower the payout than to scrub. Payout means nothing. Or its an advertiser with a poor setup like in the case of continuity offers where one offer works better than an identical offer, because the better offer knows how to tweak their sales process
 
The mobile IQ offer for twilight has been up and down conversion wise with us, I think we called the advertiser out on it last week i havent been able to see if its still up and down.

It could be scrubbing, it could be rejection by the carriers, it could be the same stupid users clicked the ads again, or someone above you is running the same offer, and your second click and dupping out since the person signed up already.

Any network that scrubs is shooting themselves in the foot, its usually an advertiser who doesnt realize how much it hurts the overall, its best to lower the payout than to scrub. Payout means nothing. Or its an advertiser with a poor setup like in the case of continuity offers where one offer works better than an identical offer, because the better offer knows how to tweak their sales process

I agree, not only does it hurt more overall but it makes you want to put large foreign objects inside of people.