Dec 1st, FTC (Fuck This Chit)



Good to know that all the testimonials in Bowflex commercials are legit.... I was hoping I wouldn't need a diet plan.

30 minutes a day on the Bowflex alone will get you ripped.

Believe.
 
They always release this kind of stuff in December when everyone has their head in the wrapping paper.

One thing is sure, they already have their sights set on someone . . . and that someone will be exposed come March / April.

From there, it will all become a lot more clear.

i agree, it will be an eye opener in about 3 months or so
 
After reading this thread, I realized that AM is dying!!!

I'm going to cancel all my domains, close my bank accounts, hosting accounts, and will return my direct deposits.

I'm sorry FTC! I've been a bad, bad boy. Here's the Astroglide. Please be gentle. :(
 
I agree with the 3-4 month scenario. Figure for the first two weeks of December the understaffed employees are saying "ok, what do we do now?" to which comes the response from a middle aged lady in her 50s with tight glasses and a wart on her nose, "Record all the advertiser web pages you see on AOL. Yahoo. Google. Everywhere. Just make a list"

At which point the employees say OK and go back to surfing and doing other things.

I'd bet night traffic after hours when the employees are asleep could work.

That or just say fuck it and continue like its nobody's business. With holidays coming up, nobody is looking to even get into this until at least mid January when the holidays are over, and all thats left is 2010 and the year of the fuck.
 
I hate these threads, either talk to a lawyer or do fuck all.
There's a better chance someone bigger then you will get raped first.
 
how does this affect affiliate marketers from other countries? for example i'm from germany so do i have to care about the new rules too?
 
how does this affect affiliate marketers from other countries? for example i'm from germany so do i have to care about the new rules too?

If you're advertising in the U.S. you have to abide by their rules. Similar to selling a car here, you have to pay our taxes, you can't avoid it just because you are from Germany (you can, but they'll come after you).
 
How does this apply to lead gen?

Would you technically have to disclose your compensation even if the user isn't spending money at the click thru site?

Haven't seen anything clear on this, most stuff has refered to stores and rebills.
 
If you're advertising in the U.S. you have to abide by their rules. Similar to selling a car here, you have to pay our taxes, you can't avoid it just because you are from Germany (you can, but they'll come after you).

That couldn't be further from the truth...