Does I have a potential?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myler

the horror.
Apr 25, 2009
531
6
0
G16
Srsly.

Now, before all the flames, spare your gas for your blow torches because in this economy we can't afford to be so careless with natural resources.

So basically, this is my random rant but I hope I'll get some decent answers to help me get on route.

OK. I'm 24, I've been doing design for 5 years, freelance, all sorts of projects, basically I wasn't able to get to a point to hire people and focus on doing only one thing. I always kinda offered all-around services, which did 2 major damages to me.

One - automatically decreased the value of my work (because you have to offer some sort of discount if you're doing 5 jobs for 1 client at once).

And two - it slowed me down in my learning process. Because I was more doing the "same old same olds" rather than taking my time to get my knowledge up and start doing some more advanced stuff.

So I would like to know, in what direction should I move, I'm actually very good in Photoshop, Illustrator, almost automatic with those programs, also with After Effects, kinda slower with Flash and building websites, I'm stuck, I did some nice flash websites but as far as these Google Ads or similar money generating websites, I'm lost.

I've read Nickys blog, and I got the basic idea, and I would like to try myself in these AM waters. I have to admit, looking in some checks from some AM blogs made me depressed, since its nowhere near the money I've made with my work...

So I would basically like to try something else. Affiliate marketing. I'm on the PC a lot, and I feel bad knowing how much online time I've wasted in vein.

I already signed up for advaliant and neverblue. I can't read all these blogs anymore. I'll just stick to Nicky's blog and this forum, and dive in this.

/flamesuit on
 


Nearly everybody who is intelligent and comparatively rich enough to own a computer with an Internet conneciton has massive potential. Potential won't make you any money. Taking action is what makes you money.

This sounds to me like you're asking for someone to give you reassurance as a confidence booster. The only thing that will give you true confidence is when you start to see the positive results from something you do of your own initiative.


As regards what direction should you move in, try asking yourself the following questions (and writing down the answers)

What have I achieved in the last 12 months?
What are my disappointments over the last 12 months ?
How to I explain those disappointments to myself?
What I have I learned over the last 12 months?
What am I good at?
What do I enjoy doing?
If there was no chance of failure whatsoever, what would I do?
What will I do differently over the next 12 months?
 
I'm too lazy to type up something with details so I'm going to cliff note it all

1. You're in the wrong forum, checkout the newbie forum
2. You have a lot of knowledge which is good, but it can also work against you. Whenever you launch a site use something like wordpress or drupal to manage it. Don't get the temptation (procrastination) to build it yourself because it's just going to suck up your time and by extension, your money.
3. Choose something, and stick with it. You can go with SEO, PPC, facebook ads, media buys etc just don't try to learn all of them at once. If you have no money, go with SEO. If you have some money, go with PPC (and then facebook once you have
 
Thanks amateursurgeon & ayzo

I think my problem is very common, and that's income.

I have some gigs in my own line of work (design, print, etc) now, but then again I feel that will distract me from learning - or getting in this AM thing.

I'm sort of stubborn, I'll give it a try, and try not to crash and burn while trying it. I guess the problem is I'm reading all these blogs for past 4 days and I would like to get results now...which is next to impossible, I know.
 
Hello friend,

Everyone have potential to make big monies and live good life with affiliate marketing.

It no matter where live now. Internet and affiliate marketing open many door which no exist before.

Many in country poor can now earn what other people make in year in just 1 day. Can live life same as other in country of wealth.

All need is access to computer and internet and ability for work hard and smart.

Good luck bro
 
^ LOL your Borat-like comments I've read in other threads were hilarious. Thanks for blessing my thread with one.

It's nice!
 
I'm in a similar position... I've been freelance writing for a while now, which makes decent money. I'm trying to get into AM, but there's a shitload to learn.
Just keep in mind that in the beginning your not going to earn more than a few bucks. If you have the money to experiment, go with AM in all your spare time. If not, take a few design jobs and do half and half.
 
Don't really get what your question is. Anyone has the potential to make it in affiliate marketing.

I've seen 15 yr olds with $0 starting out make it. I was working a 9-5 job and doing aff marketing 4 hours a day on the side in the beginning. If there's a will there's a way. You should hurry up, there's never been a better time to be an affiliate marketer.
 
I've signed up to few AM programs, I guess I'll get the phone call soon, or I'll call em myself.

I know there's always a way, I just have to crack the ice for this, and I think I'll do it soon. But I wouldn't want to lose a lot of money.

I mean I'm aware that you can't really profit before you invest some...but I would like to eliminate as much as risks possible...
 
If you have design skills, maybe you should forgo entering IM directly until you learn more about the business. People are always needing quality design work for LPs, logos, etc. If you look in Buy/Sell/Trade, you will see that the good designers are never short of work.

After you have done that for a while, you should have a pretty good idea of what works and if you set aside some of the income you get for design work, you can put that capital into IM when the time is right (meaning, you would know exactly what you need to spend the $$ on).
 
1. Offer your design service in buy/for sale section.
2. Pay attention to what other AMs are doing on their landing page. (where they place their call to action, how they structure their lander, what color scheme they use for what type of offer and etc)
3. After you work on enough landers for AMs, you will probably have a very good idea of what a converting landing page looks like, make a kick ass one for yourself then start from there.

A kick ass proven landing page can save / make you a lot of monies

Anyways, if I were you, thats where I would start.
 
You're not sure if there is potential in Affiliate Marketing?

Well, I started last year when I was 16 years old with ZERO MONEY.

It's been about a year since I started and I'm now making 5 figures a month. It's a good amount of money for my age... But I know people even YOUNGER than me, making 5x what I am.

There is so much fucking potential online, it makes me sick.

But don't expect to sit on your ass and have money just fly out the fucking computer. You need to work hard and have some fucking talent.

Hard Work + SKILL = MONIES.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.