Edge of Darkness

Mastermind

New member
May 12, 2008
100
1
0
Anyone else see it?

I liked it a lot.

Very solid... Hard hitting with plenty of action and suspense.
 


Dear lord, just saw it last night. i have a lot to say about this movie.

For those who haven't seen it. Its one of those normal cop investigation dramas. Ya know, a rogue cop has to investigate a murder (his daughters) and finds out theres more going on then he originally thought. There's a bit of action and he gets to the bottom of it revealing a big twist that explains everything.

The problem is, I didn't know what the movie was about so I watched the trailer before I went. The trailer spoils the big twist! It says exactly what happens to the detail.
:SPOILER:
His daughter gets murdered. He assumes they meant to kill him because he's a cop. Turns out his daughter was suspected as a terrorist working for a sketchy company and they killed her to cover up their stuff. THATS IT! thats exactly what happens, so when it happens in the movie they're expecting you to be all shocked and be like omg i didn't see that coming. When really the whole time you already knew that and was hoping for some other twist to happen that you didn't expect. That twist never comes.
:END SPOILER:

So if you go watch it DON'T watch the trailer first. The trailer literally shows every single action scene in the movie pretty much in its entirety the rest of the movie is just talking filler (which is about 80% crying). The beginning has action when she gets shot(about 1 minute worth) the end has action (about 4 minutes worth) when he uncovers the "big secret", the hour and 40 minutes between is him just talking to random people and being all emotional about his daughter while they tell him the next place to look for clues. There is one 30 second fist fight in the middle where he asks her boyfriend if he knows anything but that quickly turns into them crying and getting all emotional about how much they loved his daughter and miss her which spans for about 20 of the most boring minutes of your life.

I repeat don't watch this trailer if you plan on watching the movie. It will ruin everything including the only action and suspenseful scenes in the movie. The only thing you're missing after this 3 minute trailer is a bunch of boring talking:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvRdGKxsmD8"]YouTube- Broadcast Yourself.[/ame]
 
Last edited:
Rofl you say don't watch the trailer but your description also just ruined it :P Oh well it looked boring anyway.
 
I thought this film was a pretty solid thriller, it was let down by one entire scene in particular involving a car door, a baddie car and a lake.
No spoiler there, if you've seen it you'll probably know what I mean.

I didn't think any of the talking was overly boring, it developed the characters and background pretty well. Oh, and that trailer is ridiculously spoiler filled haha, reminds me of the film Quarantine, the ending scene was in the trailer so the whole film you're just sat there waiting for it, hngh.
 
Anyone else see it?

I liked it a lot.

Very solid... Hard hitting with plenty of action and suspense.

I think this was very solid... hard hitting with plenty of action

Edge of wetness.


<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8rBH9jhxts8&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8rBH9jhxts8&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
 
I think this was very solid... hard hitting with plenty of action

Edge of wetness.



[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rBH9jhxts8"]YouTube- Broadcast Yourself.[/ame]