Fake Twitter follower check tool

wezcountry

New member
Aug 31, 2009
1,788
22
0
In the EUSSR
Look interesting. Does anyone here know anything about it?

Status People Fake Follower Check — Social Media Management Platform for Business

"What is Fake Follower Check?
Fake Follower Check does what it says. It checks your Twitter followers to see if they are real or fake. Or in other words, it checks to see how many spam accounts are following you. And the great thing about it is you can check your friends and 'enemies' too..."
 


I ran it on a few accounts I know have super high bot followers (my own test bots) and it said I had 90%+ real followers. So I think the tool sucks. Either that, or their criteria for finding fake accounts is far different than what I consider to be a fake account.
 
This whole tattle tail movement accusing people of fake followers is funny. It could easily be gamed to make others look bad. Who cares if fake people are following someone else. Worry about your own campaigns.
 
seems legit. I tested it on an account I have 20k followers on and it came back with:

q0d2g.png


no idea what one would use this for business wise...

How does it work?
We take a sample of your follower data. Up to 1,000 records depending on how 'popular' you are and assess them against a number of simple spam criteria.

On a very basic level spam accounts tend to have few or no followers and few or no tweets. But in contrast they tend to follow a lot of other accounts.