Fastest Accelerating Car in the World costs $160,000 - comes in 49k version too!



Its official the V8 is fucking awesome. this was on top gear yesterday.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqjgjRsjQhw]YouTube - Top Gear - Ariel Atom V8[/ame]
 
I saw the newest Atom on Top Gear the other day (English TV show). Pretty impressive, it's the fastest car they've ever had go round their track. Though it costs a fortune for what you get...
 
I saw the newest Atom on Top Gear the other day (English TV show). Pretty impressive, it's the fastest car they've ever had go round their track. Though it costs a fortune for what you get...

Idk I think you can look at that two ways, The fastest car that goes around the track sounds like you get ALOT for your money, It a performance car, not luxury.

And the fact that the V8 ($160k) is faster then a Bugatti ($1M) that says alot.

Also I think people need to realize how amazing the $35,000 version is, Sure its .8 seconds slower and maxes out at 150MPH, but its pretty fucking cheap for a car that is that fast.

The only think that comes close in that price is a Evo, and its not "That" close, the Atom is much faster then a stock Evo.
 
lol @ americans talking about drag races here. This thing is something to take around a TRACK with .. CORNERS and I'm not talking about ovals here.

great car, looks like shit though. KTM's similar looking one (with the new Audi S3 Engine) is much better looking. anyone know its Nordschlife lap time?

lol @ europeans that laugh at americans
 
This is pretty sweet, but what do you DO with a 500HP go-kart?
Sneak it into a go-kart track and laugh your ass off as you lap your 15HP competitors over and over?