First time making produce videos, got tips?

kblessinggr

PedoBeard
Sep 15, 2008
5,723
80
0
G.R., Michigan
www.kbeezie.com
*Edit: That's supposed to say product videos

Here's what I'm using
SnapzProX 2.1.2 - for the screen capture
iMovie 09 - for the editing and publishing to youtube.

I made two videos today. One in 1280x720 (720p HD) resolution to try out youtube's HD, and the other in the "high quality" mode.

For the first one I'm linking to my site for the larger embeded copy, which also has a link to a full screen 1280x720 version (least you can read the text better :P)

KBlinker - Take control of your links.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WK9YLARsqpk&fmt=22&hd=1]YouTube - KBLinker Demo[/ame]

This is the second one I made today, tad longer, no music. I think its slightly fast due to the frame rate difference during publishing.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vehLnCDWsE]YouTube - Installing KBlinker via Cpanel[/ame]

And no, I'm not going to do vocal narration, being hearing impaired makes my speech bad enough already.
 


It looks good, but I'd suggest zooming in at certain points to make things easy to read. That is if your screencast program has a zoom feature.

/was totally expecting a video about tomatoes
 
It looks good, but I'd suggest zooming in at certain points to make things easy to read. That is if your screencast program has a zoom feature.

If it does, I haven't found it yet. I was hoping for some kind of keystroke if you know what I mean. Which reminds me...

*sec*

Well safari has a zoom in/zoom out, but what it's doing is enlarging the CSS so to speak rather than keeping things in relative ratio.
 
It looks good, but I'd suggest zooming in at certain points to make things easy to read. That is if your screencast program has a zoom feature.

/was totally expecting a video about tomatoes

By the way did you view the video in HD or click the full screen button on the lil embed window after clicking HD? If not you'll see it a hell of a lot clearer.
 
The music is actually really annoying. It'd be better if you explained what you were doing.
 
The music is actually really annoying. It'd be better if you explained what you were doing.

That's what eyes are for... to see the caption. Originally I had it without any sound at all, but few people didn't like that.

And I know a few other people who feel like the longer 'explained' narration of a video just makes the video a bore to watch.
 
That's what eyes are for... to see the caption. Originally I had it without any sound at all, but few people didn't like that.

And I know a few other people who feel like the longer 'explained' narration of a video just makes the video a bore to watch.


Too bad the caption can't be put down into the bottom black boarder in the first video or at least dropped down some out of the WHITE area of the captured screen. Or maybe change the font color to something other than white.

They looked FINE to me other than that.
 
Too bad the caption can't be put down into the bottom black boarder in the first video or at least dropped down some out of the WHITE area of the captured screen. Or maybe change the font color to something other than white.

They looked FINE to me other than that.

Oh they could, but initially didn't seem like that would actually be a hard thing to read unless you had a super high contrast monitor. Anyways re-doing them is planned anyways.