For those of you who do client work....

Status
Not open for further replies.


"This is not a challenge it's an oppertunity"

LMFAO I had a client say the exact same thing, the idiot wanted me to do a media buy worth $30k out of my pocket AND wanted me to close the leads (debt consolidation) on the phone for 10% of the profit.
 
I've designed nearly a 1000+ logos so far, and the way I've been able to nearly 100% avoid any of that bullshit, is by automating the process from which a potential client visits my site, to them becoming a paying client. I never have to have a phone convo or meet with them before they buy.

100% of my clients come over the internet, which means I don't have to get too personal with them on a local level or even over the phone. I have my portfolio, traffic hits it, they read and see (even through a video screencast) exactly what they get and how it works through my system, and they pay upfront.

I also do this with web design at propsd.com - It makes life much easier when you have their money and they know what they're receiving.
 
^^ there is a difference between clients and customers, it depends on your business model and both have advantages and disadvantages.


Hilarious video, +rep!
 
Shit, there are sop many people I have to show this clip to now... Particularly my friends that do event stuff full time.
They're always complaining about clients that want a wedding done at cost price, or cheaper, because the bride and groom "could do it on their own, but they don't have the time"...
 
So glad I don't have to deal with this BS anymore

Same, before doing my own line up I took on a good 600-700 clients over the decade of media servicing I did. Some things can't be automated, and bigger budgets do require babysitting. You can try volume with small tasks or less contracts with bigger numbers but 90% of any decent budget requires babysitting, retainers, revisions, long-term relations, updates, chasing money, chasing new clients... I use to spread myself quite thin but the money was good/great at times. Then outsourcing became big, and I'll leave the rest for another thread.

Bottom line - glad I don't have to deal with this crap anymore either.
 
I've designed nearly a 1000+ logos so far, and the way I've been able to nearly 100% avoid any of that bullshit, is by automating the process from which a potential client visits my site, to them becoming a paying client. I never have to have a phone convo or meet with them before they buy.

100% of my clients come over the internet, which means I don't have to get too personal with them on a local level or even over the phone. I have my portfolio, traffic hits it, they read and see (even through a video screencast) exactly what they get and how it works through my system, and they pay upfront.

I also do this with web design at propsd.com - It makes life much easier when you have their money and they know what they're receiving.

Your shit is the best. Ordered about 5 logos from you and you're always my first stop for new ones.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.