Ugh. So I got 2 consecutive orders (5 minutes apart) yesterday on my how.todesignyour.com site and both from the same person with a peculiar name. They used 2 separate email addresses...
I thought to myself perhaps they were trying to be ultra honest and purchase 2 memberships with the possibility that 2 separate people would be viewing the videos, so whatever...
Then 9 or so odd hours later, they order a full site design and max out the order form at propsd.com ($1,600). They filled out the site design question form, typing in all caps, and it's for a rapping / beat sort of site...
I thought it was a bit peculiar and dealing with that much $, I wanted to confirm it wasn't fraud by talking to them first. So I emailed the person and asked for their phone number, or for them to call me to confirm the order..
This morning they responded with.. "Ok here is my number #-###-####"..
I thought that was ODD considering there's 3 digits missing. So I email them back saying they're missing 3 digits... Then I get an immediate response from the mail server saying it's an unknown address... wtf?
Then I check my voice mail and the guy called (hardcore ebonix going on) and mentioned I wanted them to call them to confirm the order and such..
At this point, I don't feel entirely 100% comfortable doing design work with the possibility fraud is going on here... I use paypal as my processor, any way I can go about confirming this isn't fraud / a stolen CC?
I thought to myself perhaps they were trying to be ultra honest and purchase 2 memberships with the possibility that 2 separate people would be viewing the videos, so whatever...
Then 9 or so odd hours later, they order a full site design and max out the order form at propsd.com ($1,600). They filled out the site design question form, typing in all caps, and it's for a rapping / beat sort of site...
I thought it was a bit peculiar and dealing with that much $, I wanted to confirm it wasn't fraud by talking to them first. So I emailed the person and asked for their phone number, or for them to call me to confirm the order..
This morning they responded with.. "Ok here is my number #-###-####"..
I thought that was ODD considering there's 3 digits missing. So I email them back saying they're missing 3 digits... Then I get an immediate response from the mail server saying it's an unknown address... wtf?
Then I check my voice mail and the guy called (hardcore ebonix going on) and mentioned I wanted them to call them to confirm the order and such..
At this point, I don't feel entirely 100% comfortable doing design work with the possibility fraud is going on here... I use paypal as my processor, any way I can go about confirming this isn't fraud / a stolen CC?