Godaddy sites under attack?

CaviB

Google Hammered 24/7
Jul 11, 2009
520
3
0
Canada
I promote some offers to where the websites that sell the product are hosted on godaddy.com when I click on the link it goes to the offer page and a second later a malware warning pops up in Chrome.
Anybody else having this issue?
 


Just because your offers got reported doesn't mean all of godaddy's sites are flagged as malware. Likly you have to find out the offending script/url (should say on the warning screen), remove it from your offer pages, then submit a form to google to have such warning removed and just wait for the confirmation that the re-scan shows your sites/domains as being clean.
 
I just figured I'd take down the links , it's not my site that is getting the warning but the vendors site when I click on the links.
 
It's likely some JavaScript on their page that is triggering the warning. See if you can get the line where the warning occurs and play around with removing the object in Firebug and see if that fixes the issue.

Edit:
I just figured I'd take down the links , it's not my site that is getting the warning but the vendors site when I click on the links.

I wouldn't take them down if they are converting. Most people buying shit are using IE anyway - which only flags stuff if they are using a vendor's AntiVirus plugin. Usually Norton and McAffee are very slow on reporting spyware to their users.
 
This has been going on with godaddy for a long time now. They will blame you though if you bring it up.

Their support is a joke too. If you do bring it up, back up your sites first. They have a habit of just deleting everything without asking you first.

They also might try to blame you for not having an antivirus on your host. They dont seem to grasp that on a virtual host thats not possible.

These are just a few things Ive seen from some of my clients who were using godaddy hosting and having the same malware problems.