Google Phone release, one big failboat! :)

babylonian

New member
Jun 24, 2006
1,001
25
0
Well, the phone is not on subsidized price of $99 like everyone was talking about before the launch. It's $530 instead, unlocked, and yeah, not available in all contries (like it was suggested before).

So, I guess, the death threats from mobile and cell hardware companies on "1 trick pony" owners did work. :D

Google phone is just another HTC. Mobile revolution my ass!

What a bunch of wankers! Ah, well...

Leaked Nexus One Documents: $530 Unlocked, $180 With T-Mobile - Nexus one - Gizmodo

Nexus One Phone - Web meets phone.
 


Its a low blow to any hardware manufacture thats been using their OS, aside from the carriers subsidizing, why would someone want to buy a locked droid, when you could just get a google phone straight from google with the full unmodified android OS.

But without subsidizing, I doubt there will be too many buyers to make it worthwhile.
 
agreed. no subsidy from Google at all unlocked?

epic fail...

give me a reason to give up my iPhone Google! if it was $99 unlocked, I might try it. but even if I did - I can't use it with ATT 3g? seems like they would rather sit on their giant pile of cash. no thanks.
 
This indeed seems like a rash decision from google. The end is near! :D
On a more serious note, I see things changing when they figure how big of a fail this was...

Who knows, we'll see.
 
Google is cutting their own throats with this..........

Release free, OS for cell phones - good
Give cell companies access to that OS for free for their products - great
Develop network of apps for multiple phones - Great
Cut the phone companies by releasing a product to hurt their marketshare - BAD


Google is getting greedy ,and when that happens , there's a price to pay, and I'd hate to see what cell companies could do if they decided to go somewhere else.
 
agreed. no subsidy from Google at all unlocked?

epic fail...

give me a reason to give up my iPhone Google! if it was $99 unlocked, I might try it. but even if I did - I can't use it with ATT 3g? seems like they would rather sit on their giant pile of cash. no thanks.


Was your Iphone 3g with AT&T unlocked for $99? Didn't think so.

Epic fail my ass.

This thing STOMPS the Iphone. Not to mention the ridiculous free apps for it.
 
the total problem with all the android bullshit is, quite simply, that I'm technical and though admittedly haven't followed anything but I cannot for the life of me understand which "droid" phone is which, what does what, is 'unlocked' or not, modified or not, etc.

Now imagine some acai berry customer who just wants internet/email.

Yup- too many choices. Too confusing. Iphone on the other hand? Yup- still just one.
 
i got a android phone and its pretty awesome. Im sick of g, but i think apple fucked themself by sticking with att