Got any crazy work stories?

pewep

Banned
Nov 30, 2009
2,249
36
0
When I was younger I worked at taco bell. I was the night shift register worker and one night I was working by myself when a customer walks up and hands me a womans wallet, says he found it on the ground.
I peeked inside it to find an ID card so I could look up her account/phone number. Sure enough she had been in the store about 30 minutes earlier so I gave her a call. She seemed pleased on the phone and said she would be right in.
Store policy for something like that was to lock the item in the safe until the customer arrives. I did so and went about my business. About an hour later the woman comes in and asks for her wallet. I tell her it's going to be 15 minutes as the safe was timed and ask her to wait. This was apparently unacceptable and she asked if I could get it faster than that. Told her no and continued helping other customers while she waited.
Once the safe beeped I grabbed her wallet and hand it to her, I had to put the line of customers on hold while I did this because I wanted her out of the store ASAP since she had spent the last 15 minutes fuming and standing right next to my register.
As soon as I hand her the wallet she says "my money better be in here" I explained that I honestly had no idea as I didn't open it all the way as her membership card was on an outer flap. (This was one of those large female wallets that was more like a mini purse with lots of flaps and zippers and such.)
After handing it to her I asked for the next customer in line to step up and basically tried ignoring her. She starts screaming "MY MONEY IS GONE YOU STOLE MY MONEY" which really surprised me as she was a pretty normal looking soccer mom type. I ask the customer I'm helping to wait a second and explain to her the way the wallet was handed to me, and reiterated that I had not personally opened the wallet any further than the first flap.
She starts screaming again saying there was over 200 dollars in it and that she was calling the police. I shrug and tell her to go ahead. At this point I'm completely satisfied to ignore her. She walks to the back of the store and whips out her cell phone. I continue helping the line as customers are looking back at the woman as she is loudly calling the police. Most of the customers are like "what a bitch" etc. I just shrug and smile.
After the line was cleared the lady comes back to the register and tells me, with a super smug look, the police are on the way. "Ok." I say and give her a "I don't give a fuck" shrug and ignore her while ringing up chalupas. About an hour later a cop finally enters the store (she waited right next to my register the entire time) and she starts waving at him and pointing at me at the same time.
I see the cop and roll my eyes and shake my head. He asks her to repeat her story and as she's repeating it he's almost completely ignoring her and watching the football game that we have playing on one of our back tables. After she gets done he looks at me, rolls his eyes, and asks "did you take the money?"
"Of course not" I say. "I'm sorry there's nothing we can do ma'am" the cop says and leaves the store. As he leaves he holds the door for her and tells her to leave if her business is complete.
I smiled super big, like cheshire cat big, and told her to have a super day as she left.
After she left I clocked out and bought pizza with the 200 bucks I took lol.
 


Around 2:30am on a Friday night (Saturday morning) a friend and I witnessed a pickup truck run a red light and barrel through a white taxi van doing about 50 MPH (+/- 5MPH) no breaks, just CRASH. The white van instantly was spun around a couple of times until it hit against a light pole. My friend and I were in complete shock but were the only ones around so we got out of my truck to go help. On the way to the van my friend called 911, and a fire started flaring up from inside the crumpled hood. The man inside was bleeding everywhere and obviously very hurt however the drivers door was smashed so much I couldn't open the door and the passenger door was blocked and resting against the light pole. By this time the fire under the hood is starting to engulf the front part of the van and getting very hot. I took my shirt off, wrapped it around my hand and the broke out what was left of the glass on the drivers side door and proceeded to pull the man head first out of the van with the help of my friend and drag him about 30 feet away to a grassy area by an office building. About 2 minutes later the entire front portion of the van is in flames. Another minute later the fire department showed and put it out. I gave my information and such to the police officers. The man I pulled from the van thanked me over and over again. I thought I had done my good deed for the day... 1 week later I am served papers stating I caused physical and emotional damage/distress to the man and he was suing me for $100,000. 1 awesome Public defender, 3 witnesses, and 4 days in court later he lost.

Sorry, smells like bullshit. Mostly because I doubt anyone would be alive after a direct hit on the driver's side at 50 mph, let alone conscious and coherent enough to sue you. Lastly I know for a fact civil cases take much longer than "4 days in court later".

You're black. You stole the bitches money and bought an Obama shirt. Admit it.

Bitch I'd steal it just to say a nigga could you feel me?
 
I have three

1. I was working at T-Mobile downtown and a guy came into our store pissed off about his bill, and I tried to explain to him the best I could that he used more minutes than he paid for resulting in overage charges. He was to stupid to realize that 700 minutes meant he was going to be charged for every minute thereafter. Some arguing ensued to which he told me that he would just wait for me out in the parking lot. I simply replied with, "fuck you". He was to stupid to understand this and said, "What did you say?" So I replied with, "I'm sorry you retard did I stutter? I said FUCK YOU." While this was going down, my co-worker called the cops and they arrived pretty quick and escorted him out.

2. Also at T-Mobile about a year later, I was on my lunch break eating Chipotle right next to my kiosk (I worked at the mall by this point) and one of my employees came to me asking if he could discount a phone (which no he couldn't, she was month-to-month) I was going to discount the phone simply because it was my last day at T-Mobile. Well I walk into the kiosk (with my burritio. . .I wasn't going to leave my food just sitting at the bench in the middle of the mall) and the lady instantly started being rude, but I didn't care I was going to over look it. As I am asking her some questions, getting ready to give her everything she asked for she says, "You think you're all that because your a manger and you have the right to be rude by eating in front of me." To which I replied, "Sorry bitch, I thought I was doing you a favor by giving your cheap ass a discount, but instead I think you can go fuck yourself." She immediately asked for my name and my bosses name, " I said, "The names Jonas, Lenny is my boss, fuck you, it's my last day and you still don't get the discount bitch." She started saying something but I just walked out and finished my lunch like nothing happened.

3. Working at Chase Bank I was helping a lady with questions about her 401k (note I said 401k so her employer holds her money not us). I told her we could get the funds over into an IRA and she agrees to have this discussions, so I went and got the financial advisor to field some more questions (also worthy of a mention the lady seemed sane at this point). The FA starts asking questions and so does she and everything is cool and then she asks, "so can you transfer the money to my account without fees?" he says no you have to ask your employer to do that and there will be taxes and fees if you don't put it into a retirement account. Shit hit the fan and she starts screaming at him for stealing her money and charging her to take her own money. He tries to explain that he doesn't make the rules or laws and that also her money isn't even with us. She gets even more pissed and starts talking about how the ninjas keep coming into her home and raping her every night and that the bank sent them to her home so that they could steal her money. And then as if shit couldn't get any weirder she screams that we ripped her nipples off and won't stop raping her and me and the FA are just sitting there speechless like WTF and my manager and other co-workers are looking from outside my office.

There are even more stories but those are probably the best ones .

I'd fire your fucking ass if I was the manager. Ignorant customer or not, you behaved like an unprofessional, immature, loudmouthed faggot.