Help Me Find a Good Calendar!

jetto

STRICTLY BUSINESS
Feb 20, 2010
703
5
0
which sends e-mail reminders.

1) I used Yahoo!'s but their new version of calendar is horrid;

2) I like Gmail's calendar but I just can't bring myself to file personal data with Google given their horrible privacy and data hogging track record;

3) I checked out "Windows Live Mail/Calendar" which comes with Windows 7 and it can't send e-mail reminders because Microsoft decided to "discontinue the reminder service";

4) I checked out Firebird but it doesn't send e-mail reminders.

5) I checked out VueMinder desktop application and it sucks.

6) I've tried "30boxes.com" and it sucks.

IM SO FUCKING FRUSTRATED. I've been reduced to writing my events with pen and paper now.
 


Yeah, in case the first 10,000 projects aren't good enough have you tried CalendarSpinner? It's kind of cool actually, lets you use spintax for recurring events - sometimes gives me a chuckle.

"Spinner" was the giveaway, what were u thinking :) Good luck next time, bro! :)
 
what you r looking in a calender?

I want it to be nice like Google's calendar, I want it to send event reminders to any email I want, and I don't want it to hog my personal data like Google loves to do.
 
^ this


my company lease a google server its $19.95 a month but well worth the privacy and piece of mind.

so you take a company who's a huge privacy abuser and data hog and buy software from them? is that logical? how do you know their "standalone" server doesn't feed data to Google's servers? is it open-source? Can you ever trust fucking Google?