How do I hide my personal name/info from Paypal buyers?

prince

War Room Member
Jul 13, 2007
1,024
7
0
I have a ton of ebook crap on my harddrive and I wanted sell them off using different pen names and all. I have a Personal Paypal account and whenever payment is made, they will see 'payment sent to [real name] on their end.

So how I do get around this?

Can they still see my real name/personal info if I setup a Paypal Business Account under a business name?
 


Switch from premier to business and buyers will never see your name or address. You can even configure it so that it tells them they have "sent a payment to prince(blah@blehbleh.com)
 
Switch from premier to business and buyers will never see your name or address. You can even configure it so that it tells them they have "sent a payment to prince(blah@blehbleh.com)

thank you so much. Ive been curious for awhile now too im looking to sell some crap ebooks i put together :xmas-smiley-016:
 
while on the subject... once you've upgraded your first (pers/prim) account to business, you are then allowed to open ONE secondary account in personal name for personal payments.

it's a good feature. yet folks sometimes oversee it.
 
Just make sure you actually have a business EIN/TIN. I had to stop receiving payments for nearly 20 hours while they verified my EIN & proof of address one day.
 
Just make sure you actually have a business EIN/TIN. I had to stop receiving payments for nearly 20 hours while they verified my EIN & proof of address one day.
You know what's funny. A Chinese Paypal holder can go from Personal to Premier to Business in 15 minutes flat, no paperwork required, most western [EIN/TIN] input fields are not even present :)

I'm not sure why they'd do that.
 
You know what's funny. A Chinese Paypal holder can go from Personal to Premier to Business in 15 minutes flat, no paperwork required, most western [EIN/TIN] input fields are not even present :)

I'm not sure why they'd do that.

Because paypal is an american company
what you said is true not only for china...