How many does Akismet catch in a week

How many Akismet spam posts do get in a week?


  • Total voters
    8
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

LotsOfZeros

^^^ Bi-Winning ^^^
Feb 9, 2008
4,648
118
0
www.makemoniesonline.com
I put up a new niche site for PPC using WP and I swear it was like only two days and I started getting comment spam up the wazzu. How many of these do you typically have to clean out in a week?

h2lskzfu6vec507zydav.jpg
 


What footprints do you speak of? We're looking at a double-edged sword when we enable pinging services aren't we?
The big one is anything involving the word "wordpress". That should never ever be anywhere on your site. Especially "Powered by wordpress".
If you really want to stop it all, ya can also replace "categories","archives", etc with some synonym (though normally I dont find it worth it).
 
The big one is anything involving the word "wordpress". That should never ever be anywhere on your site. Especially "Powered by wordpress".
If you really want to stop it all, ya can also replace "categories","archives", etc with some synonym (though normally I dont find it worth it).

Yeah, already did that. I guess it must've had WP installed before since I'm not the original owner and it's got PR
 
Status
Not open for further replies.