How many monitors can a Dell Studio Laptop Support



I tried Dell support and not surprisingly they had no fucking clue.

So you are the guys that know shit about computers and I was hoping for someone that had run into the same thing.

Seeing that there's a multi monitor thread that's like 10 pages long, I think that's a reasonable assumption.
 
apparently you live in NY. go to a shop where you buy all your electronical shit and just try it. For gods sake, its a laptop, not a desktop.
 
Probobly only supports dvi/vga + hdmi, hdmi+laptop, or dvi/vga+laptop.
I dont think it will work with laptop + dvi/vga + hdmi
dont quote me though.

If you go into bios, and like display settings or video settings or something
It should show different options of what to run.

edit: re-read that you want to run 2 external monitors.
well that SHOULD work, ive done it on other dell and thinkpad laptops.
once again dont quote me on that
 
The best I can do for you is give you the data that I have found for you.

Here's Dell's page. Find your model. (It looks like they all use the same video card.) Dell - Popular Laptop/Notebook Deals

Here's a spec review for that vid card. (It says nothing about more than one external monitor though.) Notebookcheck: Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 4500MHD (GMA X4500MHD)

If I had a schematic of the video board, I could see whether or not the video output is dedicated independently for your your HDMI and VGA or if it is integrated and only giving you one or the other. (Also keep in mind that this card has no memory of it's own. It uses system memory for your video. This may cause performance issues even if you can get two monitors hooked up and working.)