I use Trillian here and was wondering... I have 230 contacts. Mostly business related.
I've found the people I talk to daily are a huge distraction from my work, but because they're work-related questions, I have to do it. But often times, when you're talking to even someone in the biz, you find your conversations drifting to "Hey, did you see Baba Booey throw that horrible pitch at the Mets game this weekend" and you're yapping about this and that.
So I found a timer program, and I punch a button when I respond to an IM, and push another when I'm done.
Total time today on IMs: 2 hours 19 mins.
I couldn't believe it! I thought at most, I was talking maybe 40 mins.
And this, note, is with me in invisible mode. You can't hide. Or can you?
I've found the people I talk to daily are a huge distraction from my work, but because they're work-related questions, I have to do it. But often times, when you're talking to even someone in the biz, you find your conversations drifting to "Hey, did you see Baba Booey throw that horrible pitch at the Mets game this weekend" and you're yapping about this and that.
So I found a timer program, and I punch a button when I respond to an IM, and push another when I'm done.
Total time today on IMs: 2 hours 19 mins.
I couldn't believe it! I thought at most, I was talking maybe 40 mins.
And this, note, is with me in invisible mode. You can't hide. Or can you?