Indoor Grills

Fiver

New member
Jan 30, 2009
2,011
12
0
Can anyone recommend a good indoor grill?

I'm sick of cleaning my George Foreman, plus I don't wanna use that dubious, non-stick surface anymore. The other problem with those Foreman grills is that you can't cook a thick piece of meat on them because it will charcoal the outside of the meat to pitch black while the inside is still raw.

So...I'm looking for something of better quality that I can use inside my apartment since I don't really have room on the balcony for an outside grill.

Recommendations?
 


I have one that I have used for two years. It is Emril Lagase's brand. It is HEAVY cast iron and porcelin and fits over two eyes.

Cons, It will get smokey! Run your oven fan on high from the get go. Also, your stove will get ruined. It will get so greasy you will have to clean the stovetop with a knife. But, that goes with any stovetop grill.

Anyway, it is worth it. But, I have to replace the stove before I sell the house :)
 
I got one of these things:

070710085259_IF-855.JPG


Nothing exciting, but works fine, and does the job. Only thing I don't like is there's only one heat control, so you can't have the pot part on boiling, with the other side on low / medium.
 
Get a decent cast iron pan, sear your meat for a few minutes on each side, and bake it the rest of the way.
 
Since it is just you, you could probably get a grill pan. These are pretty cool.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Emerilware-10-Inch-Cast-Iron-Square-Grill/dp/B000JZZILW/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1319927247&sr=8-3]Amazon.com: Emerilware 10-Inch Cast-Iron Square Grill Pan: Kitchen & Dining[/ame]
 
This is all you'll ever need: [ame=http://www.amazon.com/Sanyo-HPS-SG3-200-Square-Inch-Electric-Barbeque/dp/B00011HH22/ref=pd_sbs_k_1]Amazon.com: Sanyo HPS-SG3 200-Square-Inch Electric Indoor Barbeque Grill, Black: Kitchen & Dining[/ame]
 
a grilddle pan or a skillet does the trick. george forman grill was such a scam. It's no dietary fat that made people fat it was the plain carbs that turned to fat quickly in the body, in paticular high fructose corn syrup which turns to fat in the liver unlike all other carbs that go into the digestive system.

plus cooking on that crappy george forman girll is a bitch cos it drains the fat out and driest the meat
 
a grilddle pan or a skillet does the trick. george forman grill was such a scam. It's no dietary fat that made people fat it was the plain carbs that turned to fat quickly in the body, in paticular high fructose corn syrup which turns to fat in the liver unlike all other carbs that go into the digestive system.

plus cooking on that crappy george forman girll is a bitch cos it drains the fat out and driest the meat

I love my George Forman, the older or more basic models defiantly have their flaws because they only heat up to one temperature. I have the Evolve model [ame=http://www.amazon.com/George-Foreman-GRP4EMB-Deep-Dish-Cupcake/dp/B002CVTT2U/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1320002277&sr=8-1]Amazon.com: George Foreman GRP4EMB Black Evolve Grill with 2 Grill Plates, 1 Deep-Dish Bake Pan and 1 Cupcake and Muffin Pan Insert: Kitchen & Dining[/ame] and it is soooo much better then the old one I had, as you can adjust the temperature properly to the piece of meat your cooking.