International Diet conversion drops - am I the only one?



I don't deal with enough international data to really take a stab at the reasoning. But it is getting pretty close to Christmas so I would think the conversions would be dropping a bit leading up to it and than picking up after New Years.

Edit: Overall I do see my conversions dropping a bit - clicks remaining the same though
 
Time if year is going to be a factor. Ppl are less likely to want to start dieting before Christmas when they know they are going to be over eating anyway.

Saying that I'm seeing 17% cr in some of my diet traffic ATM.. Kinda kills my theory a little lol
 
More and more credit card companies are rejecting rebill offers. This has been happening for a while now, but when a big time bank starts rejecting it, there is a noticeable drop in conversions.
 
Stupid question: are big banks actually starting to reject re-bill offers? How would they distinguish the "scams" from the "not scams"? How do they know it's a re-bill offer?

Sorry I'm not familiar with the ways things are done on the back end.
 
Stupid question: are big banks actually starting to reject re-bill offers? How would they distinguish the "scams" from the "not scams"? How do they know it's a re-bill offer?

Sorry I'm not familiar with the ways things are done on the back end.

They are starting to track better by the merchant descriptors
 
Affiliate marketing is dead. The Obama administration killed it with executive order 24290.

cont_dees.jpg
 
I agree with Sonny...

That could be quite concerning if more companies start doing this.
 
Conversions have been slowly but steadily declining since Thanksgiving for me.
Just gotta tough it out until the next year, when the increased volume will more than make up for sliding conversion rates.
 
Ya, Wednesday was still doing well. Then Thursday just went bad. Same for US though, but not as bad.

through same or different back ends?

(I'm no longer running anything in the US so have no comparison there).

I see the identical trend, things churning along fine at the same rates they've been for months, now they're 2-2.5x lower with metrics on my pages/ads that are completely normalized and haven't budged.
 
You might want to try to diversify away from rebills/free trial stuff and actually sell some diet products. With the New Year coming, all the fatties will be looking to lose weight.