I liked "Attention" - it was a quick read and provided me with some ideas I am adapting. Good use of $15.
Thank you, I added it to my to get list.
Those books are all good.
Try out Words That Work as well.
Added. Thanks.
No you got exactly what I was saying. However, you have to fail even more. If you didn't learn ANYTHING from your failed campaigns, then you probably didn't get enough data. How many campaigns have you ran? What traffic source? What vertical?
Please note I am still on my first campaign and I am using mostly google adwords which I already learned to keep country filter to English speaking countries (Duhhh useless opt-ins) and maybe just keep it to the states.
Wrote an article on Ezines but it was my first article on there and that with I guess it not being interesting enough didn't get a lot of view.
bookmarked my domain on Digg, delicious, and StumbleUpon with "reviews"
DMOZ, and other directories have been submitted.
Blogger.com blog with keywords.
Facebook page with capture form built in and Facebook advertising pointing to page.
Got a twitter account too but have yet to generate followers (haven't really got around to reading on twitter advertising.)
Did some manual back linking in do-follow blogs from a list given on here somewhere.
So far no sales and conversion rates suck, I had just revised my landing page (again lol)
On the to do list is make a video to put on youtube pointing to the site.
Make either a video or a recording for the LP itself to help up conversion rates and be more appealing to google.
Let's see... That's it off the top of my head.
Domain registered 24 days ago and is a .me
Edit:
Oh and important to do is research CPA networks once LP proves itself and try to get accepted into one.