Somehow I came across the Yelp listing for Howard University. The rating is only 2 out of 5 stars!
Howard University Hospital - Washington, DC
Some highlights:
And yes, sadly, if you are white, you're going to feel all kinds of out of place and may, well, basically, experience reverse racism.
...
went to general medicine and the OBGYN, they were taking personal calls as they were helping me. -_- the woman drawing my blood was chatting away on her bluetooth. I have a bruise, it hurt.
...
If you are not African American, they treat you like nothing, very rude!
I can't believe I have to put up with this
...
When I called HUH to set up my first appointment to see my neurosurgeon, a woman answered the phone in a very rude manner as if I was disturbing her day. It was very hard to understand her because she was not familiar with the English language, she chose to use what people refer to as Ebonics
...
Again I was rudely placed on hold without her asking me if that was okay. Finally, she came back and stated to someone within earshot: "I don' have time to be playin games wit this crackuh on hold! ("Cracker", which is a derogatory remark against a white person) She continued "My shift be over..BAM! ...he gone..ha ha!" and I was suddenly disconnected.
...
I was seen on time but I was sat on white paper (stained already) that covered the exam table. there was a small yellow puddle of the floor ( looked like urine) I hope it was some oil from the exam table tho.. clumps of dust bunnies mixed with long black hairs in the corner.
Howard University Hospital - Washington, DC
Some highlights:
And yes, sadly, if you are white, you're going to feel all kinds of out of place and may, well, basically, experience reverse racism.
...
went to general medicine and the OBGYN, they were taking personal calls as they were helping me. -_- the woman drawing my blood was chatting away on her bluetooth. I have a bruise, it hurt.
...
If you are not African American, they treat you like nothing, very rude!
I can't believe I have to put up with this
...
When I called HUH to set up my first appointment to see my neurosurgeon, a woman answered the phone in a very rude manner as if I was disturbing her day. It was very hard to understand her because she was not familiar with the English language, she chose to use what people refer to as Ebonics
...
Again I was rudely placed on hold without her asking me if that was okay. Finally, she came back and stated to someone within earshot: "I don' have time to be playin games wit this crackuh on hold! ("Cracker", which is a derogatory remark against a white person) She continued "My shift be over..BAM! ...he gone..ha ha!" and I was suddenly disconnected.
...
I was seen on time but I was sat on white paper (stained already) that covered the exam table. there was a small yellow puddle of the floor ( looked like urine) I hope it was some oil from the exam table tho.. clumps of dust bunnies mixed with long black hairs in the corner.