Kanoodle & SearchFeed = click fraud?

mlektra

Banned
Jan 8, 2008
57
1
0
Canada
Hi guys. I've been using SearchFeed and Kanoodle for the same campaign and spend 50$ each to test traffic.

For SearchFeed I got 265 clicks in 2 days that ruined my budget and Google Analytics recorded only 65 visits that stays no more than 3-4 seconds with a boucing rate of 96%. That's quite amazing.

(did I say that there were ZERO conversions?)

For Kanoodle, it was mostly the same scenario.

What is the best way to ask for a refund? Should I send them the GA stats?

And the big question here is : Is there other well known networks that are really doing something agains click fraud outside of the big 3's?

Thanks to share your positive experience on other networks.
 


Ask for a refund? Dude you're getting traffic from kanoodle and searchfeed. With 7search it took me at least 2000 clicks to get 1 conversion..

Ok. What would be your advice? And to save time, what other networks to avoid completely?
 
Why forget The Google for Rebill?

I only stay within the 3 main ppc engines. When I tried Searchfeed it was only fraudulent traffic, not even the keyword I targeted. If you really want to use tier 3 PPC engines, you may want to take a look at Looksmart and Miva, those produced valid conversions for me when I tried them 6 month ago.
 
Stay with the big 3, most of the smaller ppc networks will have nothing but "paid to click" traffic and bot traffic.
 
The 2nd and 3rd tier business model is very different than the 1st tier ppc companies. They are simply a churn and burn model taking advantage of new uninformed advertisers hoping for that "cheap click". Just check out some of the referrers and then visit those sites. Scary
 
I just can't believe there's no smaller ppc networks that worth trying. What about Pulse 360? Another bot traffic realm? And AdBlade. Since they are advertising on MSNBC, I guess it could have decent quality traffic. Ok, I get the point...
 
with some testing 7search can be profitable...but you can never scale it to a level like google or bing
 
Why is this crap still talked about, we all know these lower ones are full of bots, asian porn seekers, and traffic from all countries except the ones that buy anything.

Give up. You are screwed regarding PPC on these smaller engines... looks like your also screwed due to the big 3, mostly Google, milking you for all your worth... time to try something new?
 
I just can't believe there's no smaller ppc networks that worth trying. What about Pulse 360? Another bot traffic realm? And AdBlade. Since they are advertising on MSNBC, I guess it could have decent quality traffic. Ok, I get the point...

Searchfeed/Kanoodle = PPC networks

Adblade/Pulse360 = Publisher networks

Learn the differents, and prosper :zzwhip:
 
Searchfeed/Kanoodle = PPC networks

Adblade/Pulse360 = Publisher networks

Learn the differents, and prosper :zzwhip:

Ok. But you still can advertise on their platform. It's contextual advertising. Still paying per clicks. Whatever if my ads get on a search results listing or a adblock in the health section of msnbc. I am just puzzled because my vertical, and the way I promote it is not allowed by Google/Yahoo. Gotta find a solution and for now, media buy is not a realistic solution.
 
with some testing 7search can be profitable...but you can never scale it to a level like google or bing

You got incredibly lucky, 7search is so invested with click fraud its ridiculous. Same with other 3rd tier ppc searches, no matter what they claim its completely bot traffic.
 
Ok. But you still can advertise on their platform. It's contextual advertising. Still paying per clicks. Whatever if my ads get on a search results listing or a adblock in the health section of msnbc. I am just puzzled because my vertical, and the way I promote it is not allowed by Google/Yahoo. Gotta find a solution and for now, media buy is not a realistic solution.

That's what you think, especially the underlined.
 
Make sure you let the rep from 7Search know about your experience at the next Ad:Tech. This guy has been around for years -- not sure why he's still with the company.
 
You got incredibly lucky, 7search is so invested with click fraud its ridiculous. Same with other 3rd tier ppc searches, no matter what they claim its completely bot traffic.

i have a current ad campaign at 7search netting $50+ a day...kinda hard to do that with 100% bot traffic.

but i agree it takes A LOT of testing there and with higher epc campaigns its not worth the trouble - you are better off at google, etc. the only reason this particular campaign works for me is that i pay 0.01 to 0.02 per click....
 
Search feed providers are infested with click fraud. Saw even more details of the amount of click fraud last year when I was working for an agency analyzing some click fraud issues - at the same time, I upgraded something on my web server & accidentally removed the password on my proxy. I saw massive amounts of fraud (in a 4 hr period, 40,000 clicks) funneling through my proxy from Chinese & Russian IPs to do click fraud on every imaginable site.

If you're doing very general keywords like auto insurance, jobs, or music related keywords, your traffic will be mostly shit (on the main keywords, at least). Bots/fraud are less prevalent on longer tail keywords and other various keywords (including brand names). Put up some money, test it, but don't be surprised if everything is click fraud. You have to know how to work the system. I'm about to jump back into that game now - if anything interesting comes up, I'll be sure to post it.