Maggots in my Walmart Milk

I live in New England and cod is pretty easy to come by around here. I've eaten a lot of it through the years. I'd notice that sometimes the cod fillets had dense veins in them but thought nothing of it and ate them just like with chicken veins.

In the last 5-6 years, I've started to do a lot of saltwater fishing. Last year I got invited on a cod trip. Steaming home, we're filleting the fish. The guy who invited me go, "When you get home, hold them up to the light and you'll be able to get the worms out easier." Turns out those "veins" were really parasitic worms that are in just about all the cod you can get up here. They are completely harmless to humans, but fuck that.

I've been at the fish market since and noticed fillets there with the parasites in them.

I don't eat that shit any more.

Grosssss..

Why didn't I know this earlier... YUCKKKKKK
 


@ENDed Lol, that's pretty graphic. Yes, I know on some level it's impossible for stuff not to find it's way into the food supply. I just meant that I haven't found anything whole or identifiable.

On recollection, though, I just remembered finding a brand new bag of rice we purchased had a lot of live, tiny black bugs. We noticed them before opening and tossed it out.

I'm around animals one way or another on a daily basis and eat wild meat and fish when I get the chance, so I'm not really squeamish about it. I don't want a mouthful of maggots any more than the next guy, though.
 
Once i was making some fried eggs, and one of yolks contained what appeared to be a lot of blood. Seeing all that blood mixed with raw egg in my frying pan put me off making an egg for a long time. :repuke:

Same here, making breakfast one time and cracked an egg. Blood came out mixed in with the yolk. Didn't eat eggs for a good 2 years.
 
White Castle

Got home, began eating my sliders.

Then, I start choking on one of them. The part of the slider I just swallowed got stuck in my throat halfway somehow and just wouldn't go down. I notice a weird feeling on the back of my tongue, and put my fingers in to feel around. It's a hair, I pull it and it begins to pull the chewed chunk of sandwich out of my throat (I'm gagging the whole time too, its awful). I manage to pull it out and I can breath again. Toss the rest of the death sandwiches.

Makes you wonder how many people actually die from gross stuff like human hair in their food, that probably just gets passed off as regular choking.

Imagine the settlement my family would have gotten if I did die, and they found out the cause? They have no clue how close they came to being obscenely rich, don't ever tell them. O_O
 
Damn you guys, I can't even eat my fruit yoghourt now because I have to think about the number of fly eggs and spider legs that are allowed inside it
 
You flushed your milk? WTF were you droppin a deucey and decided at that moment how wonderfully refreshing it would be to pour up a tall glass of chocolate milk? Low and behold maggots?! Fuck this shit, Ill just move my sack, crank open my shitter squat stance and pour the chocomagmilk into the toilet....
 
You flushed your milk? WTF were you droppin a deucey and decided at that moment how wonderfully refreshing it would be to pour up a tall glass of chocolate milk? Low and behold maggots?! Fuck this shit, Ill just move my sack, crank open my shitter squat stance and pour the chocomagmilk into the toilet....

You aren't to far off. I thought to myself, self I could use a nice tall glass of ice cold Choco-Milk. I poured a nice tall glass and seen something floating in the top. Im like what the Fuck so grabbed a spoon fished it out and realized what it was. As to the toilet part the last thing I wanted was to throw them in the trash and "wake up" and start reproducing (Hence the toilet) and the rest of the gallon remains in the fridge waiting for the Walmart rep to show up and collect (checked it no more maggots)