Fuck that must have put your creative skills to the edge -- I think might be cool if you put some lighting under the rim and acid etch the glass with a picture of something
What do you get when you combine a 18" BMW M3 rim, 40"x40" sheet of glass, an empty electronics box of some sort, and some elbow grease? A new coffee table!
Hahaha - I was hoping the shitty iphone pic quality would blur that out but you're onto me dreamache.
Sure, it wasn't hard at all to do. But I still think it's kind of cool and I haven't seen it done before. It also has a bit of sentimental value as the rim is from my first car.
if you had a spare (donut) you can glue it to the bottom of the beemer rim it should get you the right height ... as far as the light get you a bright blue led from the auto store
A friend of mine took an old Porsche wheel with old used tire on it, mounted it on the center column of a free wooden office chair and put a round piece of glass on it. It looked really nice. The tire kept the glass off of the metal rim and added to the overall look.